Gibson Brands Forums

CRAP!

James Allen

Ok, I've been lucky enough to play my guitar about two hours a night, every night, except weekends. I usually get in a good three hours.

My Marshal DFX 50 has started cutting out on me on my dirty channel. Not on the clean. Only on the dirty, and only about an hour and a half in. Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions on how I should proceed?

I'd appreciate any advice you guys can offer.

Thanks!

Hi James

Your amp DFX 50 is a valvestate isn't it. No tubes. If that the case your right about a trip to the tech. Best sig I've seen use it all the time.

CW

You would think I would have looked that up before giving the advice I did, but even now that I have tried to do a quick search I still cannot find info if there are tubes or not.

I was going to say power tube in the very beginning but I looked the amp up and it is a SS.

I have no idea if is it easy to fix a SS amp, who knows it may be a transistor, I bet they are hard to troubleshoot.

If there is no fix gut it and make it a tube amp.

Probably a bad tube :)

Dude' date=' where do you find these avatar pics? This ones totally creepy! Is it a painting?

I kid, I kid, I know it's not tubed :D[/quote']

Your amp is crying out for you to replace it with a tube amp....Check out the new Class5 Marshall...it sounds pretty sweet' date=' it's English made and it's $499.[/quote']

You know, I do believe I will check it out. Thanks for the suggestion. I'm planning on spending some time in my local music store this weekend. If I should buy it, and my wife decides to kick me out, how's the weather in Texas?

Archived