Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody got H1N1?

TommyK

My daughter had it about three weeks ago. She ran a temp up to 103.7. Thankfully we got the fever to break and with tamiflu she got over it in about a week. As far as I know, the Tamiflu has been very effective in treating it.

The doctors told us that we weren't required to notify the school and tell them she had the H1N1 (swine) flu. We decided to do what we thought was right and we told her teacher to give the other parents a heads up.

Her teacher told us she wasn't surprised....she already had 7 other students a week prior that were out with it. Nice that the school/teacher didn't let any others know so that they could be on top of it!! (you know instead of wasting two or three days thinking you just got a bad cold before finally going to the doctor like I do)

No more confirmation req'd - it's the only flu bug hitting now so if you have flu symptoms and a temp of 100 or greater youve got H1N1

Really? One day I woke up and I felt pretty bad. I got the chills and felt like I was getting a sore throat. My eyes felt sore but my temp was only 99. It might've went higher but I don't know. Wasn't as bad as most of my colds. Usually they're pretty bad and last 2 days. This lasted a week but with milder symptoms.

Thanks I think she will be back to school on Friday. she's a tough little sh!t

I hope she's got the doctor's okay. This ain't nothin' to fool with, especially the young.

The local hospital here has set up a tent to house the less critical cases as the rooms are all full.

Archived