Gibson Brands Forums

Got to have more power Scotty

Silverbursted

Yesterday I was driving past a neighborhood park and was drawn towards the sound of music. So I stopped to check it out. It was a 4 piece group playing some pretty tasty rock and blues. So as I'm standing on the grassy knoll, I started wondering what they were using to power their amps and PA system; there were no obvious power sources within a hundred yards of where they were playing, and I did not see any extension cords going away from the area so they must have been running a generator.

So my question to those who gig out; is a generator part of a bands typical road kit? Just curious because these things can be big, bulky, heavy, noisy and can be expensive.

Or would you just not play in an area that does not have resident power? So much for Woodstock.

It depends on the size of the gig, you need a generator when you have lights and PA, fx, smoke, monitoring, and other stuff. For just 2 guitars and a bass amp you can do as Blackie said.

Every time a band I'm playing with has needed a generator we have rented one, it's easier as the owner will take it to the place, set it and then take it out of there, one less problem for us. And buying, keeping and maintaining one is expensive.

Hmmmm.....

Well, you know that in Arizona almost all electrical is underground.

Maybe look closer to see if there is indeed a well-concealed box somewhere?

Either that, or empty wrappers from a couple thousand AAA Duracells...

:-)

Archived