Gibson Brands Forums

Fake Gibson on E-Bay?

Rams

Is there a way to alert the bidders that this may be a fake? If you ask the seller a question about the three screws does it automatically show up under the listing or can the seller prevent it from showing up?

I went ahead and asked if they had a close up of the headstock because it looked like it had three screws instead of the usual Gibson two.

Ramseyr

Unfortunately, there is no way to alert bidders that I know of. The only way to obtain action against fakes is to send an email to eBay Community watch or go on live chat with a representative.

Some members in past have done both and been successful with having fake Gibson guitars removed.

Good luck

Ramseyr

Unfortunately' date=' there is no way to alert bidders that I know of. The only way to obtain action against fakes is to send an email to eBay Community watch or go on live chat with a representative.

Some members in past have done both and been successful with having fake Gibson guitars removed.

Good luck

[/quote']I just noticed that there's a little "Report item" notation in the bottom right hand corner. I wonder how long it takes to get to eBay? Hmmmm, I think I'll see where that takes me mwahahahahahahaha

Thanks for this great post buddy! I think we all have to be very aware of the fakers on ebay or anywhere in the world. You guys have good eyes for the legitimate and fakes ones huh.. I guess I have to be also so I wouldn't be easily fooled by existing scams. Do not fake gibson guitars please.. i just love 'em! [confused]

Archived