Gibson Brands Forums

You know whatmy friend pointed out that teenage girls that like music...

dem00n

yeah and Suzanna Hoffs was only admired for her guitar skills and great songs like Walk Like a Egyptian" ????

Gwen Stefanie, The Donnas, *****cat Dolls etc. all famous for the musical talents only, don't think so there hot and guys like to look just as much as girls. Were all musicians so we just take music more seriously than most men and women do the average male is no different.

yeah and Suzanna Hoffs was only admired for her guitar skills and great songs like Walk Like a Egyptian" ????

Gwen Stefanie' date=' The Donnas, *****cat Dolls etc. all famous for the musical talents only, don't think so there hot and guys like to look just as much as girls. Were all musicians so we just take music more seriously than most men and women do the average male is no different. [/quote']

There weren't a lot of guys in my High School into the Bangles. They'd put Suzzana's picture up in their Locker, but you wouldn't find her in their Tape Collection.

The Puzzycat Dolls pretty much have a young female fan base, but I'm sure they deck the walls of many a teenage boys room.

The Donnas are Not Hot, and Not very popular, but they Rock.

yeah.... <laughs>

hey you know what I've noticed about 15 yr old metal guitaists who live in NYC?

Please, i play better music with one hand then you do with two.

Dont call me a metal guitarist cause i have more mojo then ausitin powers.

Ah, but to remember the days of my youth in a rock band. <grin>

Karen - I hung out with a number of girls who were reeeeally into music style and sound back in the 60s. "Cute" wasn't all that important although I'm damned if I can figure what a girl finds "cute" in a guy. <grin>

But this whole thing got me thinking of the folkie era... and such stuff as the old folkie line in dozens of songs, "Sometimes I wonder, why women love men - and then I wonder, why men love them."

I think in our youth regardless of our intellectual capacity, there's a tendency for hormones to override other factors and music/musicians is part of it. That goes both for boys and girls. The good side of that is that the species continues. The not so good side is that on an individual basis, we're not always all that happy about the results.

Hmmmmm.

m

yup and my name is Barak Obama
Good! Cause I've got a few questions I would like to ask you![biggrin]

In case nobody noticed, most "bands" today (i.e. The Jonas Bros, and Miley Cyrus) are manufactured for that very purpose! To attract the teens, tweens, and their moms who really could care less about the "music" they play. Granted they might know the words, but that's probably the extent of it. They don't care about the underlying messege/meanings of the songs (if there really is any), but about how the "performers" look while performing them.

There weren't a lot of guys in my High School into the Bangles. They'd put Suzzana's picture up in their Locker' date=' but you wouldn't find her in their Tape Collection.

The Puzzycat Dolls pretty much have a young female fan base, but I'm sure they deck the walls of many a teenage boys room.

The Donnas are Not Hot, and Not very popular, but they Rock.[/quote']I like the Bangles, ESPECIALLY Susanna Hoffs![biggrin]

Believe it or not fellas, the female of our species are different critters than us.

I worked a convenience store cash register once. When it came to bottled water, men bought whatever was cheapest. Women and girls, "Oh, look at the pretty bottle." [crying] Pretty bottles got them every time, especially if it was new.

Just an unscientific observation.

Archived