Gibson Brands Forums

Horror movie fans.

Thundergod

I have a wide selection of old and new horror movies, I'm a horror movie adict, luckily my better half is too :- :-

I just saw a couple again, "Darkness" and "The Dark"... great movies, watch them if you haven't.

A couple of movies we also loved are 28 days later and 28 weeks later... they are suposed to be making 28 months later, which I hope is as good as #1 and #2.

my daughter loves horror movies so i watch them just for that. we just saw "drag me to hell" last night. it was a very good, non-formula style pic. not predictable in the way most are. kind of campy, too. weird seeing the dude in the mac/pc commercials act.

as far as psycho-terror goes, "funny games" is one of the best edge-of-your-seat movies i've ever seen. in it, a pair of preppy teens terrorize a cape cod vacation family. great acting and suspense that never lets you go.

"fnny games" is one of the best edge-of-your-seat movies i've ever seen. in it' date=' a pair of preppy teens terrorize a cape cod vacation family. great acting and suspense that never lets you go.[/quote']

I saw that one (the new and the original version), great movie.

Yeah I love Horror movies... I don't like slasher films but a good scary movie is always great! I also have a soft spot for Zombies.....

Check 28 days later, you'll like it.

By the way, the best horror movies right now are being made in spain, some of them by the same guy: Jaume Balaguero.

I hate to love horror flicks. But,like I stated on another thread,just as long as its got substance. I hate gore for gores sake if ya get me.

Nosferatu is one creepy flick. Watch that in the dead of night when its windy and raining by yourself. I dares ya.

I hate to love horror flicks. But' date='like I stated on another thread,just as long as its got substance. I hate gore for gores sake if ya get me.

Nosferatu is one creepy flick. Watch that in the dead of night when its windy and raining by yourself. I dares ya.[/quote']

I agree with you 100%

HAve you seen SAW? I hate that movie, and I hate the sequels more, I just found out the other day, they are in #6 now... all I could think of was "WFT?" 6 movies with no substance just for the sake of gore? and I bet they are top sellers. A friend of mine loves them and convinced me to watch #3 (or 4 IDK) and the antagonist dies in that one... so what are 4, 5, and 6 about? Who knows, who cares[biggrin]

I love horror movies. I guess I'm mostly a fan of the classics...Night Of The Living Dead (they filmed that about 25 minutes from where I live), Dawn Of The Dead (probably my favorite), Friday The 13'th, Halloween, The Exorcist...etc. I like Troma stuff for the occasional bizarre cheesiness and humor. We have a theater in Pgh that digs out the classics and plays 'em on the big screen sometimes. I think the last thing I saw there was a Lucio Fulci fest one weekend.

I just saw Zombieland yesterday. It was pretty cool. It was definitely a zombie comedy, but it was kinda cool if you want a laugh. During the previews, I saw a trailer for the new Nightmare On Elm Street. That looked really lame.

I agree with you 100%

HAve you seen SAW? I hate that movie' date=' and I hate the sequels more, I just found out the other day, they are in #6 now... all I could think of was "WFT?" 6 movies with no substance just for the sake of gore? and I bet they are top sellers. A friend of mine loves them and convinced me to watch #3 (or 4 IDK) and the antagonist dies in that one... so what are 4, 5, and 6 about? Who knows, who cares[biggrin']

Yeah,I saw(?) the original 1st. one. I didn't find it to be too bad. Was actually written by an Aussie. Sold the rights to Hollyweird after it was a success because it crapped on all the rehashed shite coming out of there at the time. And after that-well you know what happened. They're up to 6,7 God knows. Even Tarantino jumped on the bandwagon with Hostel. Haven't seen that but I've heard that that one IS a gorefest.

Saw "Drag Me To Hell" tonight... what a POS... it's one of the worst, lamest, predictable, pseudo-horror movie I've seen. It's on the bottom 10 for sure.

What a waste of a cute actress and an interesting theme... they could have done a lot more, but they settled for hollywood standard, which is total crap.

I'm watching "paranormal activity" tomorrow... hope it's better (being a different type of movie, non hollywood and all that)

I seem to liked psychological Thrillers, more than "slasher" movies. But, I did love the old "Hammer" Dracula movies, as a kid. And, the original Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman series, from the '30's. "Village of the Damned," original B/W English version, Rosemary's Baby, (original) Psycho, Invasion of the Body Snatchers (original '50's, and '70's one, as well). "Ringu" series (original Japanese "The Ring"), "The Eye" original Asian version....stuff like that.

CB

Yeah! The Hammer flicks were excellent(excepting the occasional dud). Christopher Lee used to scare the crap outta me when I was a kid. Atmosphere - that's what they were about.

Remember that one about the village where most of the town-folk didn't speak when this newcomer came along? They couldn't because their tongues had been ripped out by the town ruler or some evil bastardo. Can only faintly remember it,but it was freaky.

Stephen King's vampire telemovie.....(damn! forgot it's name)was a creepy one too. What was it called?....Got it on DVD,so I should know. Sheeyit.

Horror Movies? Eh...most are too predictable, i.e., the best looking girl with the biggest boobs invariably becomes toast while getting busy with her flavor of the week. Mystery or Suspense movies??? THERE ya go! I dig the old Hitchcock movies myself, some remakes of them are pretty good too.

Archived