Gibson Brands Forums

Virtuoso polish & cleaner - how long does it last?

Luap

Hi everyone, I have a LP Standard Faded, and want to give it some more shine. And I was thinking about Virtuoso polish and Cleaner. Does anyone have experience with it, and is the product recommended? I found a thread where GuitarJunkie posted pics of his result - it looks great!

And another question: After how long, after you applied the product, do you have to polish the guitar again? Will it last long?

Thank you very much,

Paul

Actually have some on order(which should get here tomoz). Comes highly recommended,so I'm looking forward to using it. Was a bit(still am)apprehensive about using it,I also have a Faded Standard and was wondering if it would disagree with the finish but I like the results that I've seen posted so far too. Stay posted...

I have a 1980's Guild acoustic that I used it on.

The back had that haze you get sometimes when your haven't cleaned your guitar for a while.

Now have a mirror finish shine - well not quite mirror but the haze is gone and it really does shine.

Would have cleaned it about 13 to 14 weeks ago...play everyday....it's still awesome!!

Good polish if you ask me.

Oh...and it made the black on my 1996 Les Paul Standard vintage sunburst just gorgeous!!!

Regards...V52

I only have newer stuff. I tried every brand I could get my hands on and nothing works as well as the Virtuoso stuff. Keeps my sweat from dulling a nitro finish longer that anything.

Don

are all gibsons finished in nitro cellulose then? ive got a 08 standard desert burst [omg]

are all gibsons finished in nitro cellulose then? ive got a 08 standard desert burst [omg]

Yes. All gibson guitars (even the faded models) use nitrocellulose lacquer.

Like a couple others have mentioned, I also find it prevents that dull spot where my forearm rests. It also resists fingerprints and sweat.

Is it also to be used on the back&sides of a Standard Faded? Or would that ruin the finish?

There's usually enough pore sealer on the mahogany of the faded LPs (unlike the SGs). You should be able to do it.

The only worry is that the cleaner dries to a chalky white, then you buff it off. If the pores in the wood are too big or aren't sealed, the cleaner dries in the holes and you can buff it out. You need to get something like a toothbrush to get it out.

Just have a look at the wood on yours and you should be able to tell.

Hello

Where did you get this from (I'm in the UK)

Dave

hello' date=' you afto buy it direct from virtuoso in california just type there name in the search engine, i ordered the cleaner and polish...kept my order below £30 so to avoid customs and import charges [biggrin

Archived