Gibson Brands Forums

Angus SG What Amp

ljcarr

Ha Guy's

I'm new to playing the guitar and I have had a few lessons, I will only be playing the guitar for a hobby and will never be gigging.

So any suggestions on which small to medium size Marshall (for home use) would you recommend to go with my Gibson Angus Young signature SG, that will give me that AC/DC sound. There are so many its just too confusing, I'm looking at Marshall MG15MSZW ZAKK WYLDE micro stack at the moment.

However I know Angus uses Marshall but is that the way to go, as I will be playing a wide range of music. I have also seen, Vox Valetronix AD30 VT or Line 6 spider III 75w. Budget is around £200 ($400)

Please don't forget I'm just starting to learn, so think of ease of use, flexibility, sound quality.

Cheers

Lj

not for $400

lol,....oooooops, missed that part =D>

Gonna be hard to get a nice British tube amp with a budget of £200 ($400). My advice would be too save his money for something better!

Ha Guy's

I'm new to playing the guitar and I have had a few lessons' date=' I will only be playing the guitar for a hobby and will never be gigging.

So any suggestions on which small to medium size Marshall (for home use) would you recommend to go with my Gibson Angus Young signature SG, that will give me that AC/DC sound. There are so many its just too confusing, I'm looking at Marshall MG15MSZW ZAKK WYLDE micro stack at the moment.

However I know Angus uses Marshall but is that the way to go, as I will be playing a wide range of music. I have also seen, Vox Valetronix AD30 VT or Line 6 spider III 75w. Budget is around £200 ($400)

Please don't forget I'm just starting to learn, so think of ease of use, flexibility, sound quality.

Cheers

Lj

Welcome!!.

For a newbie starting out i would recommend somthing like the Vox ad30vt which is a hybrid style modelling amp which would be capable of getting you that Marshall sound plus some other great classic sounds (Vox/Fender etc) and a neat bundle of dsp effects too.

If you want to go the valve route the new Fender Super champ XD does much the same but with a real class A valve sound. There are others too.

The Zakk stack might look the nuts, but its sound will be limited to a Trannie Marshall sound - for the money there is better out there!!!The benefits of starting with a modelling amp is you can try lots of different amp sounds and effects then home in on the one you like best - perhaps when you can afford a full all valve amp in the future.

If you can afford more now then the Orange Tiny terror really will get you ibto AC/DC territory as it was designed with that sound in mind!!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

If you want to go the valve route the new Fender Super champ XD does much the same but with a real class A valve sound.

GibsonWarriow,...I should think he will struggle to get AC/DC out this amp...

I would say Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10, but they might be high in the UK.

Orange makes some COOL stuff.

Gotta be tubes, don't waste your time and money on modeling amps, solid state this, hybrid that....

TUBES!!!

Trust me.

You have a nice guitar, you will have a nice amp too sooner or later.

Don't waste money on cheap crap you can't sell.

Aw hell, go for it.

Get half a dozen vintage 100 watt Marshall Plexi heads and matching 4x12 cabinets!!!

Thanks GibsonWarrior' date='

Ive just bought the Fender Super champ XD, and I really don't like it, I cant seem to get a decent sound out of it,(more likely to be my playing)[/quote']

Sounds pretty odd if you cant get any decent sounds. have you tried returning it? if you bought it via the net you have 7 days to return it in its original packaging in the UK.

Archived