Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Andydave12345

Hey to all, this is a long shot quiestion!!!

i know this is a really stupid thing to post

but i need help in finding a 1959 les paul body just the body im after, i have the neck and all the parts of a 59 to go in the body. but im having trouble finding one!!!!

please help

chrs =D>

Hey to all' date=' this is a long shot quiestion!!!

i know this is a really stupid thing to post

but i need help in finding a 1959 les paul body just the body im after, i have the neck and all the parts of a 59 to go in the body. but im having trouble finding one!!!!

please help

chrs =D> [/quote']

:-k Andydave:

Man, that is long shot, indeed! I will ask and look around, but don't get your hopes up on this one. We'll see what happens.

The Hall Groper

yeah ive been trying for months but no joy. i dont care what the body is as long as it has a 59 serial number. Ive got a few les pauls but ive always wanted a vintage les paul. What a mission lol

boy i think serials are in the neck not the body... and how did you end up with a neck and all the stuff but no body?

I've read of some '59s that are damage and need repair going for over $100k USD.

Do you have a legit neck ?

Like the others that have posted before me, I'm pretty sure the serial number would

only be on the neck.

Since I've never seen a '59 I could be wrong.

Hope you're not gonna try and sell a Frankensteined '59.

Good luck.

some inteligent questions would be too!

What's so unintelligent about what he is asking? People horde all sorts of crap so it's conceivable someone is holding on to a '59 body in the hope of cashing in somehow or another; maybe someone had a 59 LP that fell out of the back of their van and it got run over by a truck that crushed everything from the 12th fret to the headstock. I recall seeing a vintage gold top body for sale on Ebay that was all broken into pieces because the guy's wife got pissed at him so she took a hammer to his guitar (not kidding). What he's asking for is a long shot, but it sounds to me like he's exhausted lots of other resources already so he thought he'd give this forum a shot. Is it really unintelligent to ask on a Les Paul forum hosted on Gibson's web site or is it actually pretty reasonable?

Andydave 12345 Im sorry my reply to your question seemed a bit rude but I was only kidding with you. What puzzles me is how do you manage to get the neck of a les paul without makeing a real mess of the body and then reataching it to your body without makeing it look like a dogs dinner or have I missed something ?

Hey RichCI i dont find his question unintelligent but i think his comment to LT ED about giving intelligent answers was a little out of place... thats why i responded in kind.

But hey... now that i read his post again... he wants a lp 50s body "with a 50s serial number"??? i have to ask if he is trying to sell somebody a frankensteined vintage les paul (like doublesixx commented above).

I dont buy the "i've allways wanted a 50s les paul" becasue if he did, getting a body and a neck with different SNs (if the body indeed has one) wont get him a 50s les paul.

Andydave 12345 Im sorry my reply to your question seemed a bit rude but I was only kidding with you. What puzzles me is how do you manage to get the neck of a les paul without makeing a real mess of the body and then reataching it to your body without makeing it look like a dogs dinner or have I missed something ?

yes, as he has noted, the probability of finding a body is infinitesimal.. so, the probablity of finding one that was broken in the same way would be...? (0,000...)

Thinking outside the box a little' date=' I know a certain Mr Chung who could make you one... Wouldn't cost much either!

[/quote']

just talked to mr chung... sold the last one 10 minutes ago... but said there were more comming in next month! =D>

As a Luthier I look at everything as repairable. ESPECIALLY if it were a '59 Les Paul !!! the only way I would think that it is NOT repairable is if the body was just plain "missing"!!!

That's the beauty of wood.....easy to repair.

Even if the body was just the binding and the top, I would just build from what is there. !!!

It would be very interesting to see pics of that body!! (or what's left of it!)

Thundergod has a good point. If you were a client of mine I would salvage all the hardware, electronics and whatever else could be saved and go to my shelf and grab a slab of Hunduras Mohogany and a nice slab of figured Maple and "get busy" !!! I can guarranty you it would MUCH,MUCH,MUCH cheaper than to find an original '59 body only!! And this way you can choose your color and quality of top!

Good luck to you and keep us updated !!!

-Rj

Archived