Gibson Brands Forums

what should I add to my pedal board?

Hthomas

I got an EH small clone- it's a beautiful sounding analog chorus, for 84 bucks! It does pop occassionaly when turning it on, which sucks, but it seems to be only real bad at the 1st stomp. It sounds clearer, more natural and doesn't alter your tone as much as any digital chorus. Analogman makes a copy of it, which I've tried and plan on eventually getting, but it's over 200 bucks. Those are the 2 best sounding chorus pedals I've ever heard. I also own a great sounding digitech x series multi voice chorus- I like it better than the new hardwire. Check those all out for chorus.

I haven't tried the digitech flanger you have there, but I've always loved my boss flanger. I'd agree with the guy who says you probably don't need any more od or distortion pedals with the killer gain you get from that head, but if your in the market, the fulltone ocd is my fav, along with a keeley modded blues driver for mellower, strat tunes. Maybe you'd dig a clean boost pedal like the keeley katana, it's awesome.

Delay is a must and boss rules for digital. I've got the 1st series early 80's dd2 and it's never let me down. The mxr carbon copy is killer for analog- I keep 'em both on my board. It's a sickness for me buying and constantly looking for new pedals, but hey, life is short and we all work hard right? So lets spend our dough on what makes us happy! Good luck pedal hunting. Rock and Roll

I have found that I like to use gain on the amp rather than pedals. I have a delay' date=' the line 6 echo, but is it worth getting another one? I have the worst time figuring it out. what are good chorus pedals?[/quote']

Yea, I would go with adding a good Delay and Chorus! I have both from Boss and happy with them. But every one has has their own ear.

Archived