Gibson Brands Forums

Sticky or unsticky?

ksdaddy

I've been asked by one forum member if it's okay to un-sticky some of the stickies at the top of this forum. It's come up in posts as well. Anyone have any objection to them being un-stickied? Or should we leave them be? No poll here, just curious as to your thoughts.

How about if I just move them to the 'Website Help' area?

I think it's a good idea to unsticky them... after all they've been there for some time now and most people will have read them by now (so they can educate new members when the need arises).

Moving them to the "website help" area is the logical thing to do BUT I think most people don't ever go there, they spend most of the time in their area of interest: les paul, sg, lounge.

DWP37'ss idea is good but I see the same problem as with the "website help" area.

And, on a side note... even when the stickies are there, people start threads about the same subject! (fake or not fake, tuning issues, mods, how to post pics... ) so why have them at all?

Cut them all back to the first post' date=' then lock 'em.[/quote']

The only action the Mods can perform is delete the post, but it stills shows the posting field area that it was deleted from. The reason for this is so that the Gibson Admins can undelete any post for review.

However, the thread can be locked, but ksdaddy will make that decision.

Archived