Gibson Brands Forums

what do you listen to second most?

myspace.com/jessenoah

Zeppelin is also my #1, but I listen to plenty of other things. Blues, classical, rap, country/folk, some newer rock, and almost anything that someone recommends is worth a listen. But in a rock context, I end up listening to a lot of Beatles, Queen, ELO (lately), or whatever 1960-1999 rock band I happen to be into during that phase.

Jesse, my music preferences are so extremely broad, I even can't tell you what I listen in the first place. Having one band on top of mind, makes me jeaulous 'cause it makes your life a lot easier...

I shift from heavy rock(QOTSA, Alice in Chains, Soudgarden, to classical rock with your favourite band on top,...to classical music, than bossa nova...jazz guitar, kletzmer, etc...

So, what I'm listening nowadays is gypsy jazz(the father is in the avatar,...that's NOT me!), like Angelo Debarre, Tschavolo Schmitt, etc...

I have this huge thing for Alice Cooper... however, I would not say that he gets the biggest percentage of my listening time. Generally I listen everything from:

Blues / Blues-Rock / Classic Rock / Hard Rock / Classic Metal / Progressive Metal.

But I certainly love to make a HUGE list of the bands I love to hear (although I certainly will forget some...) and comprise my CD collection (strangelly, I also own vinyls but not a record-player any more...)

AC/DC

Aerosmith

Apocalyptica

Black Crowes

Black Sabbath

Bad Company

Blue Oyster Cult

The Cult

Cinderella

Dio

Deep Purple

Dream Theater

Eric Clapton

Fates Warning

Guns 'n' Roses

Iron Maiden

John Mayall

Led Zeppelin

Gary Moore

Motorhead

Metallica

Manowar

Megadeth

Ozzy

Queensryche

Rainbow

Grand Funk Railroad

Joe Satriani

Steve Vai

Whitesnake

Wishbone Ash

ZZ Top

Camel

Rory Gallagher

Uriah Heep

and others... I've been listening to / searching all that stuff for almost 20 years now and I only feel that I have touched a fragment of the music I love. Music is simply endless...

Lately I've been listening to and following my own inner muse.

I don't know where some of the guitar parts I've been playing are coming from but it's been a flood of good music, Not typical for me is the genre.

Country Rock'n, Honkytonk'n, bootscoot'n boogie woogie music.

I really don't know where its coming from. All I can say is it's there and I've started recording some of it.

Maybe it's from earlier this year when I was listening to Hank III, Dwight, Hag, and Buck. I can't say for sure.

Not like me. Not like me at all.

But I'm following the muse.

I'm not even sure of what I listen to most; much less second most. I guess' date=' probably...

the most: '50s/'60s Chicago blues (Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson, Elmore James, Junior Wells, Willie Dixon, etc.)

2nd most: '60s San Fran scene hippie music (QMS, Airplane, Dead, Big Brother)

But, then there's a lot of ZZ Top, Canned Heat, Led Zep, early Stones, Beatles, Savoy Brown, Peter Green, Yardbirds, Bob Wills, Junior Brown, and on and on... sprinkled in there too.[/quote']

Mr. Natural...you beat me to it.

Yes, the whole list.

Archived