Gibson Brands Forums

Bad To Me

drathbun

I recorded this cover of Lennon/McCartney's song today. My SWD is only on the first five chords but sounds great nonetheless. The rest of it is my Rickenbacker 360/12, Taylor GA12 and Rick 4003 bass.

This song was a minor hit for Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas.

Bad To Me

Nice!

It sounds like you've got the Rick compressed nicely' date=' very Byrds-like.

Man you make me wish I kept my Roger McGuinn 370/12!!

Fred[/quote']

Thanks Fred. Yeah I compressed it twice; once through my little Behringer pedal and then on the track with Sony "wave hammer". Love that chime!

All the guitar parts sound really good - I am growing fonder of compression as time goes on.....

.....and that sound you get epitomises the jangle and Byrd-like Ricky vibe. Nice work indeed.

Are you Calgary born and raised - only ask 'cause you sounded almost English on there [biggrin]

All the guitar parts sound really good - I am growing fonder of compression as time goes on.....

.....and that sound you get epitomises the jangle and Byrd-like Ricky vibe. Nice work indeed.

Are you Calgary born and raised - only ask 'cause you sounded almost English on there :)

Thanks for the comments! Born and raised in good ol' Ontario' date=' Canada. I've lived in Calgary for the last 20 years although I still say the eastern "eh?" instead of the western "hey?". :)

I've recorded almost all the Ric jangle tunes from The Beatles and The Byrds (Hard Days Night, Ticket to Ride, I Call Your Name, If I Needed Someone, Mr. Tambourine Man, Turn Turn Turn, My Back Pages, Handle With Care). Lots of fun with a very difficult guitar to play!

This song was a minor hit for Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas.

Number 1 in the U.K.' date=' top 10 in the U.S., and over a million copies sold (back when that was a lot of copies) make it a [i']minor[/i] hit? I'd like to have a hit that minor!

Hmmm, I guess I'd have to record something first.

-- Bob R

P.S. Nice job!!

Number 1 in the U.K.' date=' top 10 in the U.S., and over a million copies sold (back when that was a lot of copies) make it a [i']minor[/i] hit? I'd like to have a hit that minor!

Hmmm, I guess I'd have to record something first.

-- Bob R

P.S. Nice job!!

I never knew it went to #1 in the UK!

I guess with the string of #1's by the Fab Four' any hit is minor by comparison!

:-k

Archived