Gibson Brands Forums

Am I the only person who doesn't like Les Paul guitars?

Axolotl

I spent my whole life as a kid dreaming about having a Les Paul, and a couple of years back I saved up enough to get one (was a really beautiful guitar, too; lovely finish on it) but it never kept it's tune, and sounded pretty bad compared to some of the cheapo copies I had. A little sad, I returned it to the shop less than 10 days later and decided to invest in a few cheaper guitars.

One of this was a gibson melody maker reissue.

It's the best guitar I own! I have never put it down since buying it, it is everything I wanted my dream Les Paul to be.

What's up with that? Is the QC at Gibson hit and miss now?

I spent my whole life as a kid dreaming about having a Les Paul' date=' and a couple of years back I saved up enough to get one (was a really beautiful guitar, too; lovely finish on it) but it never kept it's tune, and sounded pretty bad compared to some of the cheapo copies I had. A little sad, I returned it to the shop less than 10 days later and decided to invest in a few cheaper guitars.

It's the best guitar I own! I have never put it down since buying it, it is everything I wanted my dream Les Paul to be.

[/quote']

1) learn to set up a guitar

2) learn to play said guitar

enjoy your Melody Maker

I spent my whole life as a kid dreaming about having a Les Paul' date=' and a couple of years back I saved up enough to get one (was a really beautiful guitar, too; lovely finish on it) but it never kept it's tune, and sounded pretty bad compared to some of the cheapo copies I had. A little sad, I returned it to the shop less than 10 days later and decided to invest in a few cheaper guitars.

[/quote']

My daughter has one of those Gibby MM's and I must say it's a fantastic guitar[cool]

As for your first LP experience, certainly it's unfortuante it didnt meet your expectations. But you did the right thing by returning it and acquire a guitar that spoke to you. Certainly not every Gibson model is for every type of player, and when there is a percieved quality issue with a Gibson instrument, my advice is contact Gibson Customer Service so that the issue can be handled properly.

BTW Congrats on the Gibby MM[cool]

Archived