Gibson Brands Forums

To get back on track

djroge1

There has been a lot of BS and heated junk in the threads lately so to try and get back on track to where we can all get along here is an assignment for those who dare.

1. Take some NEW pictures of your guitar and post them in an up-coming thread (or even this one).

One thing I think MOST of us can agree on is that we love guitars, amps, and musical instruments in general. So let's use that to our advantage and post some new pics (please no buckets photo shopped in).

I personally won't have time until later in the week to take some pics. You may have time now, so go ahead and start.

Here are some pics of the Dean a buddy of mine bought me for my birthday a few weeks ago. I just took these photos on Saturday.

15933_1289931977055_1492900352_30789499_2288699_n.jpg

15933_1289932057057_1492900352_30789500_5847477_n.jpg

15933_1289932137059_1492900352_30789501_3252043_n.jpg

It's a surprisingly good guitar for the money. I plan to replace the bridge with a TonePros and stick some new pups in it (probably some sort of Duncans or Dimarzios as the stock ones are kinda trashy sounding); yeah, I know it's spending a lot of money on a guitar for what it is, but it was a gift and I fully intend to make good use of it. Besides, it's FRICKIN' V, DUDE! [confused]

Here are some pics of the Dean a buddy of mine bought me for my birthday a few weeks ago. I just took these photos on Saturday.

It's a surprisingly good guitar for the money. I plan to replace the bridge with a TonePros and stick some new pups in it (probably some sort of Duncans or Dimarzios as the stock ones are kinda trashy sounding); yeah' date=' I know it's spending a lot of money on a guitar for what it is, but it was a gift and I fully intend to make good use of it. Besides, it's FRICKIN' V, DUDE! :-k [/quote']

Nice looking "V" RichCi. Your buddy musta' gotta' lota' Taylor Ham & Cheese sandwich bribes.:- :-

lol! I think he just wanted to buy me something cool. He used to play bass in bands a long time ago until he quit and sold all of his gear. A few years ago, he was a bit down on his luck and feeling mopey and I thought he needed something to lift his spirits so I bought him a bass and an amp and he's been having fun with it ever since. So, I think he wanted to reciprocate or something now that he's doing well, although it wasn't necessary and he knows it.

lol! I think he just wanted to buy me something cool. He used to play bass in bands a long time ago until he quit and sold all of his gear. A few years ago' date=' he was a bit down on his luck and feeling mopey and I thought he needed something to lift his spirits so I bought him a bass and an amp and he's been having fun with it ever since. So, I think he wanted to reciprocate or something now that he's doing well, although it wasn't necessary and he knows it.[/quote']

Awesome friendship you've got there. And, Nice Guitar...

Definitely. We met when I auditioned for his band around 23 years ago; I got the gig and we've been buds ever since. I don't have a lot of friends, but most of the ones I do have I've been tight with for over half of my life. I have newer friends too, but I have a lot of history with two of them and we still make sure we hang out just about every Friday night which we've been doing for over 20 years. Saturday nights are for our girls, but Fridays are "Guy's Night Out." So, our girls sometimes get us with hangovers.

Nice' date=' Tim! I especially like the PRS and 61 SG! I've had a jones going for an SG for a while now but will probably just get a Standard.[/quote']

You should aim for the white ones with the coil taps.

Very nice guitar.

It's a real baut; I dig the smaller pickguard over the bat wing used on the Standard.

No white SG for me; I want cherry, just as nature intended.

I used to own an odd SG a long time ago; it was black with no pickguard and had a factory preamp installed in it. I ended up selling it because I was playing metal and the pups squealed like crazy, with or without the preamp turned on.

Archived