Gibson Brands Forums

post a picture of yourself!

S t e v e

MP5

I will own one some day.

Costs as much as a '59 LP Reissue though....

Accuracy International AW 308 sniper rifle

Security at my facility has a few of those to supplement all the AR-15/M-4's.

Gotta love 308' date=' I'm fond of my Springfield Match M1-A.

I won't even attempt 800 meters.

Hell, I've never shot past 400....

[cool

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL

Why'd you change it to red? Anyway' date=' calm down Neo. Everyone has different morals.

:-)[/quote']

Give the attention it deserves.

Quite a bold statement.

Now, as far as 'calming down' I think I'm fine.

Just trying to figure out if I missed something or you're really that confused with your terminology.

What, exactly, defines your morals?

Your signature line seems to indicate a propensity toward physical violence, something I avoid when possible.

And that's with a firearms collection to rival a small police station.

Just sayin'....

[cool]

I sensed some tension, forgive me if I was mistaken. Editing your posts multiple times gives an impression that you're rushing.

Just sayin'.

[cool]

I'm don't support physical violence. The fist symbolizes rebellion. If you want to interpret it as violence, then you can. What do you think implies violence more? A signature on a guitar forum, or a "firearms collection to rival a small police station"?

Man, you've got nothing.

JP man...

Well, I ain't a pro, but I've shot various semis as well as revolvers in competition and I'm dead, cold serious that if today I had to go into harm's way and had my choice of any sidearm, I'd grab a revolver. Some 20 years ago it would have been a certain da. Today more likely a sa, believe it or not - and that includes multiple targets at 15 yards or less or even up to 40-50 yards or so.

The difference is that suppressive fire has tactical uses for a pro. Hanging in harm's way with pros on duty likely would bring a different perspective to hold up my end and not become a liability. OTOH, for just me? Naaah. If a SA wouldn't do it for me on my own, it's unlikely that even a full auto could. 4 1/2" bb in town; 7 in the country, 2" bb da dressed up.

In fact... a 5-shooting 1858 Remington ain't a bad choice for rural exercises. But again, military/swat is a different game and yeah, I'd look at a different set of equipment for such work. It just wouldn't fit my hands as nicely.

For what it's worth, and granted a 5-round per mag was a disadvantage for "the heat," I've seen CAS shooters outshoot law enforcement's modern stuff in three-gun shoots - and to win with each of the three arms. Some of the LE guys were trophy winners in other shooting disciplines, but the old stuff in the hands of one who knows them? <grin>

Gibson guitars...

Same deal. The classics are beautiful, functional and long-lasting. Gibsons best guitars were well-conceived, well built and both play and sound as well today as 100 or 50 years ago. Heck, the LP is over 50... Anybody wanna suggest it's less capable than some newer design? Not me, bubba.

As for "morals," well, as with guitars and a thousand other objects, tools are only as moral or immoral as the human being who uses them.

Yes, I think music has been used for some horridly immoral purposes up to and including hatred and violence - but then one must ask "moral" by what criterion and prating platitudes doesn't really buy it.

Zum beispeil, man hat Horst-Wessel-Lied. At least, one has it for example outside Germany and Austria today. Hmmmm.

m

BTW...

I just reread some of this thread...

Anyone who claims they have no "weapons" is naive. Period.

Gotta pen? Chopsticks for Chinese food?

Think a folding fan is a bit too "cutesy" for a guy or even a modern woman? The samurai found it a capable weapon.

Etc., etc., etc. I'm aware of more than a few instances of guitars being used as defense "weapons."

m

Was a pen created with the purpose of killing? How about chopsticks?

We can all be polite here.

Corrosion of conformity wrote:

Oh, I don't own any. I have some morals I like to live by.

With respect, your comment re; gun ownership/morality is provocative, to say the very least. IMO it is crafted to elicit a specific response. Manipulative and disrespectful however you wrap it. Certainly far from polite.

Good for a head shot at 800M..

Pishaa. How about a headshot at 4k!!!

I'd rather fly my big guns.

Just kidding' date=' I have tremendous respect for all who choose put their butt on the line for others. I think law enforcement wouldn't mind having 1 or 2 of these babies at their disposal.

C of C will probably not like this one...too bad.

[center'][YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE][/center]

Corrosion of conformity wrote:

Oh' date=' I don't own any. I have some morals I like to live by.

With respect, your comment re; gun ownership/morality is provocative, to say the very least. IMO it is crafted to elicit a specific response. Manipulative and disrespectful however you wrap it. Certainly far from polite. [/quote']

I wouldn't call it manipulative or disrespectful, but I can understand why you'd think that. I was just a little suprised with the insult from milod. He's usually above that.

And yet another turd drops from the nether regions of an adolescent troll with unsupervised web access...

Great video SB!!!

So, um, if I can'y actually purchase one of them myself....

Do ya think I could go shootin' with ya sometime?

[lol]

I would offer to buy the ammo, but they won't let me do that either....

We discussed the IR sights down at Yuma.

The brightly indicated 'debris' that scatters a hundred feet in every direction....

[cool]

I wouldn't call it manipulative or disrespectful' date=' but I can understand why you'd think that. I was just a little suprised with the insult from milod. He's usually above that.[/quote']

Insults are taken as well as given, often unintentionally. It's more than likely, knowing what I do of Milod's style, that you are interpreting his comments as offensive, when they are not so intended. His viewpoint regarding common items being used as weapons was from a very real world, not a philosophical one.

So' date=' um, if I can'y actually purchase one of them myself....

Do ya think I could go shootin' with ya sometime?

[lol

I would offer to buy the ammo, but they won't let me do that either....

We discussed the IR sights down at Yuma.

The brightly indicated 'debris' that scatters a hundred feet in every direction....

[cool]

Yea baby, those are probably what you think they are. :-$

Yeah' date=' Milod takes much more care than most of us to always be polite.

Of course, his profession has served his intellect well over the decades, and vise-versa.

Me?

Aw, what can I say....

[cool']/

Dont you work with balls for a living?

[lol]

Insults are taken as well as given' date=' often unintentionally. It's more than likely, knowing what I do of Milod's style, that you are interpreting his comments as offensive, when they are not so intended. His viewpoint regarding common items being used as weapons was from a very real world, not a philosophical one.[/quote']

I have a lot of respect for Milod and his style of response. I was just a little offended at being called naive. No big deal.

Archived