Gibson Brands Forums

Echo and the Bunnymen

Californiaman

It's a Vox for sure,I have 3 A Mk VI Acoustic(the same body as the Echo video)a Phantom XII,and an Astro IV Bass Model V273 with bass&treble boost,fuzz and G tuner.The one in the video I believe was also known as the MkXII Teardrop.BTW you can see my Voxes and other babies on the Epiphone Forum,I posted it about 10 days ago under My Guitar Family.

---------------------------------------

I just checked the Eppy Forum,it was posted on Dec6 under Epiphone Electrics,there was something fooled up on the forum,it should be showing 24 guitars and 7 or 8 amps and asst. pedals but they're not all coming up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Echo and the Bunnymen.

I was hoping that our friends in England would have commented by now.

One of my favourite bands of the 80s.

Saw them live at the first WOMAD festival in 1982? and slept in a LWB Land Rover when some b*****d stole my tent pegs.

Here's my favourite song of theirs.

Not the best version (probably the chemicals) but don't you love the look - especially the girls in the audience?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oozHfqtSXAU[/YOUTUBE]

I've seen them twice.

The second time, I had my camera with me. It was the KROQ Weenier Roast in I believe '96 or '97.

I was working for Manning Media at the time covering the concert scene at Irvine Meadows Amphitheater.

That's some of the best live photography of a concert I've done. Too bad it's not digital or I'd upload the photographs.

Maybe some other time.

I think my favorite Echo and the Bunnymen song is The Cutter.

Archived