Gibson Brands Forums

If you're paying Gibson prices...

pohatu771

I just noticed something after posting this... why am I an advanced memeber[confused]? I just joined this forum a short time ago.[biggrin] Yeah' date=' it's off topic but weird to see it.[/quote']

Welcome to the "advanced" club ct.....

You hit the magic number of posts which means Gibson now owns your sole..... [biggrin]

I love it' date=' wish I had one with my name![/quote']

When the J-200 was first introduced, having your name inlaid on the fretboard was a standard option. It added $50 to the $200 base price.

-- Bob R

Is that real? Is there actually a Gibson Logo on the BACK of the headstock?[biggrin]

That's the feature I was referring to... maybe I'll do that to my next restoration project, if I can find a headstock overlay.

Like I said, if you're paying Gibson prices, why not have the logo somewhere where you can see it? That's what Martin did for a very long time.

That's the feature I was referring to... maybe I'll do that to my next restoration project' date=' if I can find a headstock overlay.

Like I said, if you're paying Gibson prices, why not have the logo somewhere where you can see it? That's what Martin did for a very long time.[/quote']

Here you go: http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-ORIGINAL-1968-GIBSON-L-5-HEADSTOCK-OVERLAY_W0QQitemZ270501435330QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item3efb2457c2

umm yes please, i'd definitely take one of those!! the back of the headstock is a little too much for me, but maybe if it was done in reverse on the back that would be cool. [love]

the cool thing about that guitar is that if you're 6'3" 250# it'll make you look like 5'10" 175# just by a trick of the eye

Archived