Gibson Brands Forums

What's on the turntable...?

Lowdown

Whoah! Some great stuff you're all listening to.

Surfpup - bubs love music,any sort.Mine had music played constantly to them even before they were born.The whole gamut-country/rock/classical...expose them to as much as possible and they'll be better for it.

Hector - hope you get the turntable.Records are magic,there's something about laying the needle down then sitting back with the sleeve and reading it as well as listening. Nostalgia.

Stiffhand - I dig GT & The Destroyers! What's Buckcherry like?

Rich - right you are about Night Songs being their first album. Woulda been great seeing both them and Roth & co. in concert.

Welcome to the jungle Davi...

Damn I have about 400 in storage that I need to get rid of. How bad did it hurt ?

Ouch! I got like $50 locally for them. I coulda eBayed them individually for a whole lot more - but what a hassle.

The funny thing is the local guy told me he can sell the stuff that was common - not the rarer stuff. Kids will buy a Hendrix album but not an Ultimate Spinach album. Punk stuff is apparently selling pretty well though, so depending on what you got in the warehouse...

I should have got rid of them in Colorado and not moved them to North Carolina but I wasn't thinking that we would end up living the RV life. Some I gotta keep long enough to rip to digital cuz they can't be found. There is Classical to Punk and everything between in there.

Whoah! Stiffhand - I dig GT & The Destroyers! What's Buckcherry like?

George Thorogood is coming to town in March, I may go see him, I have his 30th anniversary tour DVD and I am not all that impressed with his live performance. It is a little cold and he's a little bit of an *** actually. Still i would like to hear those P90's and his rambonctious overdriven slide playing live.

Buckcherry has been recording for a while but they put out a couple of radio hits and their Almbum "15" is good, it's got fast, slow and bluesy songs, decent solos too. check it out for yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/15-Buckcherry/dp/B000EHSM8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1261522308&sr=8-1

George Thorogood is coming to town in March' date=' I may go see him, I have his 30th anniversary tour DVD and I am not all that impressed with his live performance. It is a little cold and he's a little bit of an *** actually. Still i would like to hear those P90's and his rambonctious overdriven slide playing live.

Buckcherry has been recording for a while but they put out a couple of radio hits and their Almbum "15" is good, it's got fast, slow and bluesy songs, decent solos too. check it out for yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/15-Buckcherry/dp/B000EHSM8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1261522308&sr=8-1[/quote']

I hear ya. As Frank said - "Shut up & play yer guitar".

"15" - will look into that today. I always have an ear open for something new. Cheers mate.

Something screwy going on with the quote and replies here?[laugh]

George Thorogood is coming to town in March' date=' I may go see him, I have his 30th anniversary tour DVD and I am not all that impressed with his live performance. It is a little cold and he's a little bit of an *** actually. Still i would like to hear those P90's and his rambonctious overdriven slide playing live.

http://www.amazon.com/15-Buckcherry/dp/B000EHSM8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1261522308&sr=8-1[/quote']

"15" - will look into that today. I always have an ear open for something new. Cheers mate.

Something screwy going on with the quote and replies here?[biggrin]

Yea, apparently.

The album 15 is cool, the song Crazy ***** was a huge hit but it had to be pretty bleeped up on radio given the lyrics, the song "So Far" was on the radio as well as "Sorry" their slow song which I like quite a bit. Brooklyn has a nice blues vibe and I love that electro-resonator sound.

I am always trying to expand my musical taste by looking at past music but sometimes I like to buy a modern rock n' rol album so I got this one last time I bought CDs.

The nice thing about these days is that you can hear samples and buy only what you like. That's priceless.

I will never forget my disspaintment when I bought Motley Crue's Theater of Pain when it came out, when I played the record I was just in disbelief. I was in highschool and did not have much money and I just thought: I spent my money on this POS? WTF happened? Shout at the Devil and then this?

Hmmm....

In my truck:

Kiss- Alive

Alan Parsons Project- The Definitive Collection

Kid Rock- Cocky

Gorrillaz- Demon Days

and in the Wife's car

Led Zepplin- The Latter Days

a comp CD I made my wife with Johnny Lang and SRV

a comp CD I made myself with Ozzy, Iron maiden, RATT, Sammy Hagar, Winger, Stabbing Westward and Judas Priest on it.

a comp CD my Son made me with Disturbed, Coheed & Cambria, Reel Big Fish, Lordi, Manowar, Three Days Grace, Green Day, Garbage, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

All very good stuff!

Yea' date=' apparently.

The album 15 is cool, the song Crazy ***** was a huge hit but it had to be pretty bleeped up on radio given the lyrics, the song "So Far" was on the radio as well as "Sorry" their slow song which I like quite a bit. Brooklyn has a nice blues vibe and I love that electro-resonator sound.

I am always trying to expand my musical taste by looking at past music but sometimes I like to buy a modern rock n' rol album so I got this one last time I bought CDs.

The nice thing about these days is that you can hear samples and buy only what you like. That's priceless.

I will never forget my disspaintment when I bought Motley Crue's Theater of Pain when it came out, when I played the record I was just in disbelief. I was in highschool and did not have much money and I just thought: I spent my money on this POS? WTF happened? Shout at the Devil and then this?[/quote']

Tried to find Buckcherry but the local didn't have it in,so eBay it is.

But...I picked up Essential Fleetwood Mac(all Greeny) and Joss Stone' debut album. They're pupmping now...

[biggrin] Yeah,I know exactly what you mean re. T.O.P. was a big let down.

Archived