Gibson Brands Forums

Obama was on the Christmas Special of Doctor Who!

Duende

In the UK, the Christmas day special of Doctor Who involved a future where everything around the world was bleak and on the brink of collapse. Dr Who's old nemesis and rival time Lord, 'The master', who he thought was dead, had somehow resurrected to reek destruction and world domination, by destroying everyones identities and making everyone look and be him! (like an agent Smith plot from the Matrix)

Anyway, I was watching all this, trying to take it all in (under the influence of my lunchtime trip to the pub and struggling with working out what wire went where with my new pedal board) and suddenly the American president enters the conference about saving the world!!

It was so real, although I realised (eventually LOL) the BBC had used stock footage of the frontal shots, while using body doubles for the behind shots (If only Game Of Death with Bruce Lee and his body double had been this convincing).

It was so cool though to see him in Doctor Who[cool] - Are there any other Doctor Who fans here? I love David Tennant, but my personal faovurite was Christopher Ecclestone followed closely by Tom Baker. The use of Obama made me think the programme must have a growing audience in the US.

Matt

In the UK' date=' the Christmas day special of Doctor Who involved a future where everything around the world was bleak and on the brink of collapse. Dr Who's old nemesis and rival time Lord, 'The master', who he thought was dead, had somehow resurrected to reek destruction and world domination, by destroying everyones identities and making everyone look and be him! (like an agent Smith plot from the Matrix)

Anyway, I was watching all this, trying to take it all in (under the influence of my lunchtime trip to the pub and struggling with working out what wire went where with my new pedal board) and suddenly the American president enters the conference about saving the world!!

It was so real, although I realised (eventually LOL) the BBC had used stock footage of the frontal shots, while using body doubles for the behind shots (If only Game Of Death with Bruce Lee and his body double had been this convincing).

It was so cool though to see him in Doctor Who[cool'] - Are there any other Doctor Who fans here? I love David Tennant, but my personal faovurite was Christopher Ecclestone followed closely by Tom Baker. The use of Obama made me think the programme must have a growing audience in the US.

Matt

No we just shipped him overseas to solve your problems now that we have a perfect nation.[biggrin]

No we just shipped him overseas to solve your problems now that we have a perfect nation.[biggrin]

Hi Cookie

Unfortunately the cliff hanger was that 'the Master' was everywhere and the political conference turned from Obama and the press etc; into everyone being 'the Master'!! (like on Being John Malkovich' date=' where everyone [b']is [/b]Malkovich)

He laughed the evil "muah ha ha ha ha" laugh too[biggrin]

So he didn't get time to even work his magic. Hopefully The Doctor can put things right in the New Year's episode!

Matt

Wow... we got David Tennant's last episode here over Xmas. The wife and I watch the good Dr. frequently on BBC America (was BBC2 I think). You know anything about who is taking over for Tennant?

Hi Chan

It is this chap; Matt Smith. He is only in his twenties but looks the part, but the youngest ever Doctor!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7808697.stm

Matt

Archived