Gibson Brands Forums

gary moore?

S t e v e

Gary Moore...man, great guitarist. Easy call on what I prefer--neither "side" of his discography compares unfavorably to the other.

I love it all!

I've always been amazed by how, regardless of what genre (if you will) he's playing in, and regardless of who wrote the song, Gary Moore's playing is always Gary Moore's playing. It's sincere, it's honest, and it's idiosyncratic--he's truly an individual, and I think that's part of what drives his brilliance and creativity.

He could be playing a Jimi Hendrix song on Peter Green's Les Paul, but the thoughts and feelings that go into the playing are all Gary.

Not to mention that he really knows his way around the fretboard.

Well - going back a long long way now.....

Gary got off with a girl in Ireland who's boyfriend was, shall we say "less than happy" about it. Attacked Gary in a bar and glassed him. Gary never liked the "glam-rock" thing and hated the fact that people wanted "pretty-boy" good-looking guitarists regardless of their playing skills. He always wanted to be taken seriously as a musician.

He was and is in my books.....

Well - going back a long long way now.....

Gary got off with a girl in Ireland who's boyfriend was' date=' shall we say "less than happy" about it. Attacked Gary in a bar and glassed him. Gary never liked the "glam-rock" thing and hated the fact that people wanted "pretty-boy" good-looking guitarists regardless of their playing skills. He always wanted to be taken seriously as a musician.

[b']He was and is in my books.....[/b]

cheers for that, i might have to try that...these pretty looks aint doing me any favours either [cool]

Archived