Gibson Brands Forums

Some classics seem to get better with age

Californiaman

First time I heard Rush was a song about, "you still have made a choice...I will chose free will."

I must confess....I thought the singer was a chick. Also, they didn't get my attention.

My boyfriend is a HUGE fan of them, though...owns every album and stuff. Still didn't think to try them on but I have to say, they get constantly mentioned on the forum...its making me curious :)

Kind of how all the buckethead talk made me check him out.

So far, the first vid posted surprised me. Song's pretty o.o

You've posted some video of him here right?

The kid who nailed Tempus Fugit off Yes's Drama album' date=' right.

It wouldn't surprise me. He's good.[/quote']

Nope, sorry, you've got the wrong guy. Never posted a video. He's still learning but getting better. Someday when I figure out how to You-Tube, I'll post a video of me and my son's jamming a RUSH set.

As for the shooting spree, I heard the shooter was recently fired from the company and was also involved in a class action law suit. Last I heard 5-shot, 2-confirmed dead. Pretty sad. With the snow we got this morning, didn't help on the traffic end either.

First time I heard Rush was a song about' date=' "you still have made a choice...I will chose free will."

I must confess....I thought the singer was a chick. Also, they didn't get my attention.

My boyfriend is a HUGE fan of them, though...owns every album and stuff. Still didn't think to try them on but I have to say, they get constantly mentioned on the forum...its making me curious :)

So far, the first vid posted surprised me. Song's pretty o.o[/quote']

Start with some of the older RUSH first, 2112 and before. Then check out the newer stuff. Almost like two different bands on some songs.

First time I heard Rush was a song about' date=' "you still have made a choice...I will chose free will."

So far, the first vid posted surprised me. Song's pretty o.o[/quote']

Izzy's got a great smile!

At the risk of sounding redundant, because it's been said for a very long time, Rush is a guy band. Guys dig Rush. Look at any of the bands live videos and you can count the girls on one hand. I watched Rush in Rio last week and it was typical of any Rush concert I've ever been to. Some gals just don't get it. Some do. They got to go to the shows I had tickets for when I was younger.

I'm sorry Caliman, did you say Rush in Rio was Typical of a Rush show? I don't remember the audience bouncing and singing YYZ in perfect rhythm when I saw them in Vegas. I also don't remember Hot Tan Chicks in Halter Tops beaming with adoration from the front row.

They epitomize the saying "musician's musician." Neil is at the top of anyone's list in terms of best drummer and Geddy defined progressive bass. Alex is a great guitar player but I think he sometimes doesn't get the proper attention he deserves because a lot of people focus in on Neil and Geddy. I also respect that they always did things their way. Finally, to this day they sellout everywhere they go. How bands from the early 70's are still making records today and still have the following they have? They are not only great musicians but they deserve to be in the Hall of Fame!!

I noticed on your signature you had an original cry baby wah. Thomas Organ Co. Sepulvada' date=' CA?

I love the way mine sounds driven with my new fuzz pedal.[/quote']

Hey Cali

I have an original Vox Cry Baby and it say Made in Italy for the Thomas Organ Co.

I got it in the early 70's. Not as harsh as new ones I've tried. Nice smooth wah.

CW

I noticed on your signature you had an original cry baby wah. Thomas Organ Co. Sepulvada' date=' CA?

I love the way mine sounds driven with my new fuzz pedal.[/quote']

Hey Cali

I have an original Vox Cry Baby and it say Made in Italy for the Thomas Organ Co.

I got it in the early 70's. Not as harsh as new ones I've tried. Nice smooth wah.

2112 gave me a new respect for drumming. Neil is the master.

CW

I think when I originally posted this thread that I was intending to make a more general point about music itself, not to make it an ode to Rush.

I was simply stating that many of the great songs and I guess great bands, put out music that more than stands the test of time. There are many other songs that are classics that do get better with age and still just as many that are great as soon as they hit the airwaves.

Hey CW, thats certainly a classic too. I found a good write-up on the Crybaby Wah one day. It might be Wickipedia, I'm not sure. If I find it, I'll post it.

Trying to start an argument or just making a general observation.

In case you didn't here about it, at the time I posted this I had just heard on the national news how the police are trying to catch a killer and the street conditions and police presence on the streets made it slow and go for everyone. What ever. It's an internet forum. Glad you commute wasn't affected by all the hub-ub bub.

Trying to start an argument or just making a general observation.

In case you didn't here about it' date=' at the time I posted this I had just heard on the national news how the police are trying to catch a killer and the street conditions and police presence on the streets made it slow and go for everyone. What ever. It's an internet forum. Glad you commute wasn't affected by all the hub-ub bub.[/quote']

Don't believe everything you see on the National News

Archived