Gibson Brands Forums

What are some things you will never understand?

dem00n

Dear Rocky4..... I'm just telling you what many many years of private conversations with women has taught me. You can choose to ignore it or not. What women like and what women tolerate for the sake of their relationships with their partners are two different things. I stand by my comment.

Evol, I'm guessing you're right. But I still stand by my comment.

Neo, thank you. Mrs. Neo and I had the same event happen with regard to how I found out about that double meaning LOL I was driving in the car with my at-the-time fiance and I mentioned how much I loved the song when it came on the radio. Not so much when he informed me what it really meant haha. And that politicians sign just got a right-click on my computer! Thanks!

Lowdown, thanks for the defense. I appreciate it <hug>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neo...

We've the "cowboys" version of your "politicians" sign in one popular local cafe where there tend to be a lot of livestock semis and trailers, especially on Thursday livestock sale day.

However, in the local circumstance, it's a literal rather than metaphorical thing. <grin>

m

Professional sports

Designer handbags with someone's initials all over them.

Add to that sweat shirts and other common fashions that have a designer's name in large print over them. Does that name warrant the extra bucks paid for the item? Is it better than one without the name?

And cars, does Gucci or Eddie Bauer on the body really make the car worth the extra money?

Why some people drive slowly in the fast lane

Anything that's "new and improved" - either it's new or something existing already has been improved.

Why we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway (and other language quirks pointed out by comedians)

Why young people take up smoking cigarettes when it's proven to shorten their lives

If there is a hundred people in a room and one mosquito, why does she always find me?

Why some people at a restaurant order the huge million calorie desert and then put aspartame or saccharin in their coffee saving 15 calories per teaspoon

Why the Mothers Against Drunk Drivers are not trying to ban cell phone use while driving when all data (including that from my insurance company) say that driving while talking on a cell phone is as dangerous as driving while intoxicated (perhaps they are on the phones)

Why politicians promise something in their campaigns and then do the opposite when elected and nobody ever sues them for fraud

Why 5 minutes after you played a song, someone who was obviously only partially listening comes up and asks you to play that very song. If he/she isn't listening, why does he/she care?

When you have been playing various kinds of dance music all night, and the dance floor has been full, someone will come up and ask "Do you know any dance music?" and if you ask "What specific kind of dance music do you want to hear?" they can't answer that - not even with a song suggestion.

and most of all......

When you are playing a song and either singing or playing a wind instrument, someone will walk up to the stage and ask you a question during the song. Do they really expect you to (1) hear what they are saying and (2) answer them?

Notes

We've the "cowboys" version of your "politicians" sign in one popular local cafe where

there tend to be a lot of livestock semis and trailers' date=' especially on Thursday livestock sale day.

However, in the local circumstance, it's a literal rather than metaphorical thing. <grin>[/quote']

That's on Allen Street in downtown Tombstone Arizona.

It's closed to vehicular traffic, unless it's hay-fed, so there is some legitimacy involved.

Of all their attempts to preserve the aura of the Old West, that was my favorite!

Ya know, it occurred to me that the sign may have been placed there partly as a subliminal reminder to

tourists (and their children) who may not have been watching where they stepped - aside from the politicians.

Just a hunch.

All this talk about Texas and the west these last few days reminds me how miserably I have failed to explore

the area of our country I've always loved - the Rocky Mountain West.

Never been in the Dakotas.

Only a tiny slice of Idaho and Montana.

Never been in Washington.

I gotta get out more....

Neo...

I'm 90 miles from Devils Tower, roughly 80 - depending how you drive it - from Mt. Rushmore. A little over half an hour from Deadwood where Wild Bill ended his career. The western S.D. "Badlands" you may have seen in the movie "Dances with Wolves" and the final Black Hills mountain set are nearby.

The Black Hills Roundup over July 4 weekend is for all purposes the oldest pro rodeo in the state and Deadwood's Days of '76 that comes a cupla weeks later have been named top mid-size rodeo for roughly a decade - largely 'cuz of the legal gambling and better purses there than most.

But as I've said, it's pretty sparse the farther you get from the Black Hills all but to the south.

Tombstone, btw, has a pretty decent old-style holster maker, or at least it used to.

m

Archived