Gibson Brands Forums

J100

shadowster

My Gibson acoustic is a 1995 J-100 Extra with mahogany back/sides and no electronics that I bought new. I love that beast and need to take some better pictures of it... the lighter wood near the center of the top isn't this pronounced in person, but it's there. And I don't care in the least!

J-100Extra.jpg

HerdBig.jpg

Shadowster, did you buy that J100 from GuitarGuitar in Glasgow, by any chance?

If so, you got a superb instrument. I spent hours playing it in the shop when I was last up in Scotland touring, and I fell in love with it-I kicked myself for not being able to afford it at the time.

I'd be intrigued to know if it's the same guitar.

I ran into one of these (the guitar- not the kilt) at a guitar store and loved it. Thought it was the perfect guitar for folky stlyle, fingerpicking stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it.

The only other one I saw for sale had a neck that was screwed up. [biggrin]

The specs on these have wiggled around over the years, but I really like having the power of the iconic jumbo body without necessarily having all the flash and abalone of a 200 (plus, I couldn't afford a 200 at the time). Unlike shadowster's above, mine doesn't have the bridge abalone. Some don't have the tortoise guard. Mine's mahogany, geelinus's is bubinga... to me, mine sounds warmer and boomier than the more 'traditional' maple models... which I like too.

Shadowster' date=' did you buy that J100 from GuitarGuitar in Glasgow, by any chance?

If so, you got a superb instrument. I spent hours playing it in the shop when I was last up in Scotland touring, and I fell in love with it-I kicked myself for not being able to afford it at the time.

I'd be intrigued to know if it's the same guitar. [/quote']

aye its the very one, and i cant believe how good it is . really user friendly

its a shame i cant get a good picture of it i've tried many times this pic dont do it any justice

Archived