Gibson Brands Forums

buckethead V paul gilbert...

S t e v e

Hmmm...a skilled shredder vs some clown that paints his face and puts a KFC bucket on his head...

What was the question again...?

Hm... That was a thorough musical analysis, based on facts and emotional relation to the material, as well as the creator of the piece in question.

Well, the KFC bucket wets my appetite, but I try not to stare at it. I stare at the guitar. And LISTEN to the music.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hm... That was a thorough musical analysis' date=' based on facts and emotional relation to the material, as well as the creator of the piece in question.

Well, the KFC bucket wets my appetite, but I try not to stare at it. I stare at the guitar. And LISTEN to the music. [/quote']

:-k :-k #-o

I approached it the same way. I listened to as much of Mr. Head as I could and still prefer Mr. Gilbert.

We get it...you don't like him. Time to move on sir....

Don't you hate that?...I got in a fight this weekend because a guy asked me who my favorite guitarist was....he wouldn't leave it alone that my answer was Buckethead...from now on I'm going to give the generic answer like... Jimmy Hendrix.

To be honest I'm glad people like this dont like Buckethead...true musicans appreciate all types of music and even if they don't like it they dont troll on the subject like this guy does.

Good luck!

Hey Xdemonknight...why dont you tell us all about your love life again?...did the fat girl at school like Buckethead too?[biggrin]

In translation:

"Oh' date=' I'd bet that I can piss higher [i']and[/i] farther than you can!"

Shoot, man! You're an abrasive a**hole! Why don't you just give it up?

You dig Buckethead, I can't stand him. I was comparing notes with MojoRedFoot. You were trolling.

I'd tell you to stop being a d*ck, but I doubt it would have any effect on you.

So just chill, OK? I offered to leave, but it seemed like some people wanted me around.

You people are funny...you think...sorry....assume... that all 80+ albums are shred?

No one HAS to like him or his music....i'm not here to convert anyone...never will....but man' date=' so many assumptions made without any research being done.[/quote']

Just my opinion. Dont vent on me because the Leafs suck. #-o

Hehehehe...i know the Leafs suck (hence the big trade), but if you listened to about half of what Buckethead plays, you'd see its not 18 notes/second, which makes your opinion invalid....like the Leafs. #-o

I'm just playin with ya man....but yeah...the Leafs suck.

What's background music?

Would it be one of those?

I listened to ALL buckethead songs on this thread.

The first one you listed, honestly did sound like background music to some 70s movie. That might have been what he wanted. I don't know.

The second one had potential but didn't seem to go anywhere. Like I'm on a ride that is going to be exciting and cool but fails somehow

The last one was just.....sounds. It lacked musicality or any kind of groove/rhythm.

I'm not raggin on BH's ability. His songs for the most part lack musicality. Like I said in another thread, too gimmicky (not just the look).

Sorry, that's my take on the BH thing.

Don't you hate that?...I got in a fight this weekend because a guy asked me who my favorite guitarist was....he wouldn't leave it alone that my answer was Buckethead...from now on I'm going to give the generic answer like... Jimmy Hendrix.

To be honest I'm glad people like this dont like Buckethead...true musicans appreciate all types of music and even if they don't like it they dont troll on the subject like this guy does.

Good luck!

+1

I'm with THAT guy and THAT way of thinking.

AND... What is Musicality to you?

It has to flow and be seemless. Music is very mathematical. I can't really explain it. When I listen to BH, I hear a bunch of random notes that don't go together. Very rarely a groove. Same way I read other people here rip on Jazz guitar.

There was one sng the almost got me excited. it just never got going anywhere.

And believe me when I say I really did listen to the BH songs. Some of them more than once to give him a more than fair chance.

Archived