Gibson Brands Forums

Follow up on the Cleartone strings

DonCarlos

RE: As a followup on the Cleartone string thread. http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=27731

Hey ALL,

Well, I got six sets in the mail today, and at the requested gauges. [-(

No bill, no suggestion for a review, no note, and no "strings" attached. [blink]

So, I am due for a bi-annual checkup/setup and will take a set of the Cleartones in, to my local guitar guy and it will give me a chance to try a set of 12's on the J45 (I had the neck adjusted for ten's..... I am always careful about adjusting for string gauge changes).

I will post my review after I played the thing for a bit.

Well I have been responding to PM's that he has sent me through this forum. I suppose you could PM him, through the gibson member PM mail. His member name is CLEARTONE.

Here is one of his posts from the top thread last week, regarding that.

I totally understand where you guys are coming from. I just thought it would be something nice to do and I only contacted guys who mentioned Cleartones via PM. I never started a thread trying to solicit anything.

Oh well, I tried. You guys can always contact me at Cleartone if you are still interested in some samples. I did send a bunch out so check your mail next week. I know on other forums people talk about all sorts of other products so I didn’t think it was a huge deal. Gibson does have strings, but they don’t make them. You’d be very surprised how many strings are out there made by the big D.

JAY McCABE

U.S. SALES MANAGER

EVERLY MUSIC CO / CLEARTONE STRINGS

www.everlymusic.com

www.cleartonestrings.com

www.redbrandstrings.com

www.postalmonkey.com

I don't want to pile on, but I grabbed a set when I bought my new J-45 Custom Rosewood last week mostly due to some of the raves on this forum. I restrung it this weekend and am not a fan of the new tone. Very metallic with a noticeable lack of warmth. Maybe they'll mellow with a little wear, but so far I am not a fan.

Archived