Gibson Brands Forums

GIBSON SPIDERMAN (MADE IN CHINA)

raine

I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260545792568&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

HE SAID:

SELL A BEAUTIFUL GIBSON SPIDERMAN (CHINA)

Resumed in full model GIBSON SPIDERMAN USA

This is really SUPERB aesthetically and it works wonderfully.

Serial number: 00170425 stamped Made In USA?

Mechanics Grove in oil bath

Micros ALNICO

You know what!

He said made in China and the neck indicated is made in the USA!

Surely a copy of most

I hate these guitars but as long as the seller indicates that it made in China, I don't have that much of a problem with it. It's the sellers who hide the fact that it is made in China and try to sell at a price a real American Gibson would go for that really piss me off.

Gibson is destroying their credibility with this Chinese sh!t.

It's one thing to be a victim of their own success and have Chinese fakes saturating the market,

but how are they combating it?

Maestro?

Putting Epiphones on the same home page and alluding that they are equal in the market?

Allowing their name to be placed on this junk for a quick buck has a lasting chilling effect on those

who are most responsible for keeping the company alive and well in the last 25 years -

- the guys who buy the guitars with price tags in the high 4 and even five digit range....

Those guys for the most part have owned many, many Gibsons before they started spending big bucks.

Gibson is selling them out.

Is that how much my continued patronage and praises over the last two decades means to them?

How many Gibsons have I owned over the years - almost twenty?

Every time I see this kind of stuff, it dramatically decreases the odds I'll EVER buy another new Gibson.

Looks like it might be used gear only from this point forward.

They did it to themselves.

Let's see, where did I save the links to those websites for PRS, Taylor, Rickenbacker, McNaught......

It matters because they put GIBSON on it.

It wouldn't matter if they had put their own label.

Which is what they would do, if they weren't so supremely stupid.

The Gibson on the headstock looks suspect to me, but I'm no expert in spotting fakes. I would not buy it.

[lol]

I feel like the real question here is not whether it's fake or real... but why the HELL would I want Spiderman on my Les Paul? [crying]

There are some comic book nerds out there who play guitar. Namely me. I will bare the burden of having a real Gibson with Spider Man so Jantha doesn't have to. [-(

Archived