Gibson Brands Forums

I'm In The Wrong Business.

Rocky4

A local Nissan dealership wanted $275 to replace rear brake pads on my girlfriends Maxima. I did it for $38.

If you take the amount of time you spent doing it and multiply it times a livable wage, add in some charges for covering overhead like rent and utilities, add in some more for covering product and service liability, add in some more for taxes and employee benefits, add in some more for licensing and permits, add in a little bit more for profit so the business has a reason to exist in the first place...$275 probably isn't a bad price.

I enjoy doing things for myself but I don't enjoy working for peanuts, even for myself.

Could be worse my wife just had new pads replaced on her Range Rover it's a integrated package or kit with three electronic sensors and $ 640.00 I hate that car [biggrin]

We had a green '98 discovery (Green SE 7 seater)' date=' bought new. Whatta' incredible piece a'shite. One of the happiest days in my motoring life was when I was FINALLY able to say...

[img']http://image8.autorevo.com/2066/pics/2468857_d898e1ab-86a3-4791-ba39-5283814145a7.jpg[/img]

Archived