Gibson Brands Forums

US-Made Epiphone SG?

Twiz

One of my favorite guitars is my 1965 Harmony Rocket H59. A real budget guitar in its day but that thing really has character and sounds great. Point is, doesn't matter what you play or where it's made as long as it makes you happy playing it.

n687317241_716786_9118.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy crap. -The blizzard that hit the east coast knocked out my power and internet for the past few days' date=' so I haven't had a chance to follow this thread. Anyhoo...

Hey gang, sorry I didn't mean to start an argument over Epiphone Vs. Gibson. I just spotted that SG on eBay the other day and thought it was interesting. I just never saw an Epi made in the 'States. -Kinda cool. That's all.[/quote']

Hey man you didn't start anything it was purely an opinion that maybe was over sold for this forum my bad the rest was reaction from a member with a narcissistic personality disorder https://health.google.com/health/ref/Narcissistic+personality+disorder

the problem with this disorder is the person afflicted can't see a problem with his behavior and it's behavior we are talking about not character. He claims to be a neocon but due to his lack of experience, education & intellect I'm not sure he even understands the definition so here I'll post hte definitionhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

It's nothing to be proud of or even flaunt on a forum that doesn't allow it. Alot of you members think it's funny to egg him on but it is sad. Due to his affliction he has a need to inflate his ego due to an inferiority complex. I surely hope he will read this and take it to heart and get the help he needs and I only hope his family does not live in fear of his affliction. He claims to be over 6 ft. tall and depending on the person size can be intimidating. Let's all stand together help him grab his boot straps and rise to the occasion. There is light at the end of the tunnel and the whole world is not going to hell in a handbasket. We can behave in a decent manner and have legitimate debates. This is an informative forum that many people enjoy helping others with their questions and problems. So let's have fun!

Hey man you didn't start anything it was purely an opinion that maybe was over sold for this forum my bad the rest was reaction from a member with a narcissistic personality disorder https://health.google.com/health/ref/Narcissistic+personality+disorder

the problem with this disorder is the person afflicted can't see a problem with his behavior and it's behavior we are talking about not character. He claims to be a neocon but due to his lack of experience' date=' education & intellect I'm not sure he even understands the definition so here I'll post hte definitionhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

It's nothing to be proud of or even flaunt on a forum that doesn't allow it. Alot of you members think it's funny to egg him on but it is sad. Due to his affliction he has a need to inflate his ego due to an inferiority complex. I surely hope he will read this and take it to heart and get the help he needs and I only hope his family does not live in fear of his affliction. He claims to be over 6 ft. tall and depending on the person size can be intimidating. Let's all stand together help him grab his boot straps and rise to the occasion. There is light at the end of the tunnel and the whole world is not going to hell in a handbasket. We can behave in a decent manner and have legitimate debates. This is an informative forum that many people enjoy helping others with their questions and problems. So let's have fun!

[/quote']

Hey man , just wanna set things straight here. You come in here writing how good your Epi's are in Gibson sg forum, and says it blows the real deal away. And when the reaction come, you keep it up. Btw you said in another post you had tried the angus sig, and you said it was nothing speciale. Well fair enough. If you couldnt hear the sweet, rough, cool sound from this great guitar, don't bother buy expensive Gibson, hold on to your epi's, you want be able to tell the difference

Hey man ' date=' just wanna set things straight here. You come in here writing how good your Epi's are in Gibson sg forum, and says it blows the real deal away. And when the reaction come, you keep it up. Btw you said in another post you had tried the angus sig, and you said it was nothing speciale. Well fair enough. If you couldnt hear the sweet, rough, cool sound from this great guitar, don't bother buy expensive Gibson, hold on to your epi's, you want be able to tell the difference [/quote']

As I said I over sold my point of view and said my bad what do you want me to do. Opinions on guitars are all subjective playability, sound, and craftsmanship are top priorities in my mind. I bought a gibson guitar unfortunately it was not manufactured in the USA but made in china it does IMO everything I wanted and needed and I can't see spending $3500-$4500 for a name or signature and have to mod it to meet the specs I want. Now if you want to get political and side with the afflicted man say so and we will take it from there. P.S. I don't buy American made cars anymore because they don't last and are made like junk.

As I said I over sold my point of view and said my bad what do you wnat me to do. Opinions on guitars are all subjective playability' date=' sound, and craftsmanship are top priorities in my mind. I bought a gibson guitar unfortunately it was not manufactured in the USA but made in china it does IMO everything I wanted and needed and I can't see spending $3500-$4500 for a name or signature and have to mod it to meet the specs I want. Now if you want to get political and side with the afflicted man say so and we will take it from there.

[/quote']

Taking no side, other than my Angus sig side[biggrin]

Taking no side' date=' other than my Angus sig side[biggrin']

If you like it play it like you stole it and be happy. Itjust wasn't for me. you want to know something I met AC/DC 3 times in the 70's and got to know Bon well enough to call him an acquaintance or friend. Bon was the greatest Rock n Roller I have met. I also got to meet and party with the rest of the band on those occasions. I have been a fan since around '75 had to buy import albums (LP's) Anyway I love watching angus and the rest jam He has a tone that is unique but I am not trying to emulate him. So in short all that matters is that you are happy with your guitar and play the hell out of it. P.S. I stole that first phrase from another blogger somewhere and now I'm giving away my age Oh Well.

If you like it play it like you stole it and be happy. Itjust wasn't for me. you want to know something I met AC/DC 3 times in the 70's and got to know Bon well enough to call him an acquaintance or friend. Bon was the greatest Rock n Roller I have met. I also got to meet and party with the rest of the band on those occasions. I have been a fan since around '75 had to buy import albums (LP's) Anyway I love watching angus and the rest jam He has a tone that is unique but I am not trying to emulate him. So in short all that matters is that you are happy with your guitar and play the hell out of it. P.S. I stole that first phrase from another blogger somewhere.

[laugh] Sounds to good to be true, if you lie i put a spell on you to get your nose to:^o . But if you did meet Bon and became a friend of him, that's great. Not everyone get to be friend with a legend. 19 February its 30 years since he died, im sure gonna listen to his music loud and proud that day. RIP Bon Scott

[laugh] Sounds to good to be true' date=' if you lie i put a spell on you to get your nose to:^o . But if you did meet Bon and became a friend of him, that's great. Not everyone get to be friend with a legend. 19 February its 30 years since he died, im sure gonna listen to his music loud and proud that day. RIP Bon Scott[/quote']

I have pictures and signed albums and the such but we used Polaroids and Kodaks back then and I don't know how to post a pic. Also women have stolen all sorts of things from me including the best pics but I still have a large handful.

I have pictures and signed albums and the such but we used Polaroids and Kodaks back then and I don't know how to post a pic.

Right.......

:D

Also women have stolen all sorts of things from me including the best pics but I still have a large handful.

Women have victimized you time and again, eh?

<snicker/chortle/snort/cough/I know it's not funny but....>

Yet you're still flinging sh!t at me?

Good job on your research, bordering on internet stalking - or a man crush.

When you can finally interpret it correctly, we'll all get a kick out of it I'm sure.

:D/

Oh, and it's not an inferiority complex.

It's confidence that comes from decades of being right.

My family and friends will tell you the same.

Ever so often I get somebody who's convinced they'll teach me a lesson - then the fun really starts!

That's when I play the pompous arrogance card with a little Lefty-Baiting thrown in for good measure.

Sets the hook real good......

Archived