Gibson Brands Forums

Finally!

Andre S

I came up with a good electric song!! Usually it is acoustic stuff!!

Its got a great lead intro, with a soso backing part, haven't tried playing it over yet, and a pretty cool solo bit, and a few other little riffs that will be worked in!!

I came up with a good electric song!! Usually it is acoustic stuff!!

Its got a great lead intro' date=' with a soso backing part, haven't tried playing it over yet, and a pretty cool solo bit, and a few other little riffs that will be worked in!![/quote']

Unicorn...[cool]

not till I get a better microphone' date=' the amount of distorted ness that this crap puts in...it doesn't make sense[/quote']

You don't need a mike ...run the line out from your amp into the "line in" or "mic" on the computer and the get theinput and recording levels right on a recording program.

You don't need a mike ...run the line out from your amp into the "line in" or "mic" on the computer and the get theinput and recording levels right on a recording program.

?

Won't I need a 1/4 to 1/8 inch jack?

A unicorn, meaning its not real...

Thanks for the support...

Nope...neither...Only one of cords cut out on me...and that was a 1/4 inch jack' date=' both ends[/quote']

Well then you have the1/4 inch..........now just find an 1/8 th plug on something you don't use...

and cut it .....and splice the wires together......now you are most likely to find a stereo 1/8 th plug because

we all have used head phones that are discarded ..........mono is beter ....but the stereo can be used and

wired up right will work.

Back in the day .....you had to learn to cut and splice all manner of plugs and wires and even AC voltage

multi-outlet on site rigs.....etc.

Well then you have the1/4 inch..........now just find an 1/8 th plug on something you don't use...

and cut it .....and splice the wires together......now you are most likely to find a stereo 1/8 th plug because

we all have used head phones that are discarded ..........mono is beter ....but the stereo can be used and

wired up right will work.

Back in the day .....you had to learn to cut and splice all manner of plugs and wires and even AC voltage

multi-outlet on site rigs.....etc.

I could see that coming in useful...

Is there any thing else a line out can be used for?

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to recording through a line out rather than a microphone? all to pc

Line out signal is the simple method........when you are at low volume and can't crank up an amp for the tone you get

at higher volume levels. This is one reason I like the Boss me-70 unit for the ability to obtain the distortion level needed at any

volume or what I use is the left out straight to line in on the recording program I use, and the right into the amp. But I have stereo as the computer

sound output runs into another stereo amp for real time overdub and playback.

Line out signal is the simple method........when you are at low volume and can't crank up an amp for the tone you get

at higher volume levels. This is one reason I like the Boss me-70 unit for the ability to obtain the distortion level needed at any

volume or what I use is the left out straight to line in on the recording program I use' date=' and the right into the amp. But I have stereo as the computer

sound output runs into another stereo amp for real time overdub and playback.[/quote']

part of my reluctance to record is also due to the last time....in November...I recorded an original idea, and it sounded so dead and pathetic, I didn't attempt any songwriting between then and now...There was no life in the music.

part of my reluctance to record is also due to the last time....in November...I recorded an original idea' date=' and it sounded so dead and pathetic, I didn't attempt any songwriting between then and now...There was no life in the music.[/quote']

As long as the seed's there...

C'mon mate,in this age of digital this n' that you're sure to be able to get something up and running.[wink]

We used to record on cassette players when I started out and thought we were the the bees knees.:-$

Use your mobile phone,using your computer by going direct is bound to sound unpleasant. It's an unbalanced signal for starters...make do with what you've got-experiment. That's where the fun lies.

And be sure to post the results.[cool]

Unicorn is just a friendky forum joke... If you're talking about a great guitar you just bought people say if you don't post a pic of it it doesn't exist, like a Unicorn. How many photos of real Unicorns have you seen? None...[cool] So if someone says hey I just wrote a great song with a killer riff and great groove people want to hear what they are talking about so the joke continues in there too. If he doesn't post an audio clip we have no way of knowing what he is talking about or even if he really did write a killer tune. It's all in fun don't worry...

Unicorn is just a friendky forum joke... If you're talking about a great guitar you just bought people say if you don't post a pic of it it doesn't exist' date=' like a Unicorn. How many photos of real Unicorns have you seen? None...[wink] So if someone says hey I just wrote a great song with a killer riff and great groove people want to hear what they are talking about so the joke continues in there too. If he doesn't post an audio clip we have no way of knowing what he is talking about or even if he really did write a killer tune. It's all in fun don't worry...[/quote']

[cool] Just never heard the term before mate,is all.

Showing my age I guess[biggrin]

OP understood anyways...just be aware that most people putting their songs/soundclips etc. out there,are sensitive to any feedback that gets thrown back at them.

Put yourself in their boots.:-$

[cool] Just never heard the term before mate' date='is all.

Showing my age I guess[biggrin']

OP understood anyways...just be aware that most people putting their songs/soundclips etc. out there,are sensitive to any feedback that gets thrown back at them.

Put yourself in their boots.:-$

Unicorn happens before anyone has heard anything... once something is heard it is no longer a Unicorn... No offense can be taken...

Archived