Gibson Brands Forums

Tiny Terror

GIANTRobOT420

Does anyone have any experience with the Orange Tiny Terror? Im lookin for a tube amp mostly for playing at home and it seem to get great reviews.

It does seem to be a little loud for home use... If you are looking for an Orange Tube amp, take a look at their site, they do have a 5 watt combo, probably better suited to your use. What are you looking for in a household range? Are you looking for the Orange sound? In all seriousness, if you are just playing at home, you could look at Blackheart. In all seriousness, they have a 5 watt head, switchable to 3 watts and they also have a 1 watt 1 knob amp. I believe Are Nine has one of them.

Blackheart makes some pretty good stuff that doesnt break the bank or your windows

Buy the Vox Night Train it's better then the Tiny Terror.

It depends on your uses. I like both, both have different uses. If you are going for a nice fluid overdrive, classic bite, Orange beats the Tiny Terror hands down. If you are doing more cleans, the Night Train is better.

Heavy Thrash Metal is hard to do on a Fender blues jr... amps have different purposes, and the Orange might suit him better

I have had a TT for a couple of years now. One of the best little amps out

there. Night Train is ok but to thin sounding on some stuff. I'm looking

for a BlackStar on CL right now. They are 399.00 at Musicians Friend

should be able to get one for 250 to 300 slightly used. 5 watts, effects

loop, 2 channels, and comes with a footswitch. They are made by guys

who used to design amps for Marshall. Oh I have the TT head and the

2x12 orange bottom but I like the way it sounds through my Marshall

1936 2x12 with the 75 watt speakers. Great British tone.

CW

I just checked the price of the TT combo at the largest european retailer: OUCH![cool]

But since you could afford it, more power to ya man! I bet it worths it. Crank it up & enjoy![biggrin]

I've been ''sweet-looking'' the Laney Cub 10, as my first tube amp for a reasonable price & home use. There is the Marshall Class 5 of course, but the price almost doubles...[-(

There is the Marshall Class 5 of course' date=' but the price almost doubles...:-k [/quote']

Do your homework on the C5's Pan/anyone.

They are still having problems re. the rattles apparently,albeit outside of the UK,most international C5's are suspected of being shop returned rattlers on-sold to unsuspecting customers.[biggrin]

Shame 'cause mine is still the bees knees.[laugh]

I went for it and got a Tiny Terror combo. This amp kicks you in your grill. I'm really diggin the simplicity of it. Pure tone

100_0635.jpg

Congrats on the new amp 420. I know you'll love it. The pinch harmonics are to die for. One other

thing they just look COOL!!!! Rock and Roll

CW

I went for it and got a Tiny Terror combo. This amp kicks you in your grill. I'm really diggin the simplicity of it. Pure tone

100_0635.jpg

That's beautiful man. I really want a Dual Terror. For home use/ when I go to college, I think I'm gonna go for the Vox AC4. 1/10 should be usable in a college dorm (kinda)

I really would rather have a Valve Junior, but I think it might be a tad too loud

i have the TT with Mercury Mag upgrades and this little amps smokes the Marshall JVM 410 h i had. there is no ear fatigue with the TT. the sustain , perfrect feedback acheived is second to none. i have tried almost every amp out there and the TT is the one i use for gigs. need more power ? mic it. havent had to for inside gigs, festivals , we mic everything. snyways... i've tried bower brakes with the marshall's ive owned and still did not get that sweet spot feedback that is dead on perfect. no joke.

Archived