Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL STANDARD

casey

Hello folks!

I'm new of the forum and I live in Italy.

Yesterday I bought a new Lespaul Standard and ive found some differences compared with

the one i already own... and id like to know why.

The weight. The new one is lighter than the other.

Machine Heads: this one has the Gibson ones. The other has Grover.

The truss rod cover has no sign. The other one has STANDARD on it.

Are maybe 2 different models of Standard? Or what?

Btw.. this new one is Tobacco Sunburst.. a colour that i cant find on the Gibson Standard's page.

Thanks so much!

Keep On Rockin!

Casey

To better answer your question, what are the years of the guitars you are comparing? Gibson change specs from time to time, even if slightly. What it sounds like you have just discovered is the chambering which is a method Gibson uses for weight relief of the body. There is alot of discussion on this elsewhere if you do a search here or on Google that will give you alot of info and many, many opinions of the pros and cons....

I prefer my Les Pauls hefty.

Me too. Yet another reason why I am head over heels for my new '68 Custom Shop LPC. No chambering/weight relief! When I need a light guitar, I just go to a SG. But for those who get sore backs and want to play a LP, I think the chambering is nice to have around.

Sweet guitar and nice tats. Wow not worried about that belt cutting up your new axe?

ehhe thanks so much!

Yeah im worried but i need to get my jeans up! :)

I played my new LP yesterday at rehearsal... it got more trebles than the old one. Had to turn them down a bit on the amp.

Thanks to everybody for the answers!

wow' date=' nice. What's the one on the right?[/quote']

Thanks!

It's an IBANEZ "Paul Stanley" PS10 LTD

I've never played it live... hardly at home too... it's part of my KISS collection.

Thats a very long strap!' date=' You must have long arms and a Jimmy Page fixation!

I'm just jealous, I'm too fat and old to look as cool as you![/quote']

ehhehe im not that pretty thou! the strap are two belts tied toghter by some bolts.

Congrats nice axe and welcome to the forum. Do you hear a great difference in the tone of the chambered lp?

Not that great difference but sure i had to cut trebles on the amp cos the guitar has too much. a little less sustain too. I have rehearsals on sunday with the whole band.. ill keep u updated.

Archived