Gibson Brands Forums

Just got my first Gibson, its a les paul standard in cherry burst

Rizz

Just got my first Gibson, its a les paul standard in cherry burst, I was getting no joy knocking down online dealers past 1399 1450 for a burst, I decided to look in the local shop, tried a lovely latte standard sadly some idiot had put two dinks in the back from a zip or buckle, a gold top classic and this one, well the classic neck felt a little different to me, the guy there played them and agreed that this standard felt nicer and rang out nicer playing acoustically, im no expert but this one felt nicer, maybe its just me, now for the remarkable thing, I walked in there looking for a studio looking to spend £750 max, now the paul was up at 1550 and I knew i wouldnt get much off at this store, but I had played it inspected it liked the lovely figured top so I was willing to pay the extra, my mother who had just sold her house and make around £170,000 profit said I will pay the thousand pound you pay the rest, so it actaully cost me £529 to say im pleased is a total understatement.

Conrats on your new LP, and welcome to the forum! This is turning out to be one heck of a week with all the guitar purchases areound here. If you can get some pics posted, I am sure the rest of us on the forum would love to see your guitar... Enjoy!

Thx guys wow i just played this thing, coming from a strat with 9,42s i find bending a little hard but i was burning up the neck im really suprised its taken no time at all to warm to this thing, I have made a small video of my standard to show to a friend of mine who has a classic.

its loaded up on youtube the link will follow if your interested to see it, and tomorrow when the light is better i will take a pic of it

=P~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjAaFT3CjkQ

Archived