Gibson Brands Forums

M-R GIBS in Calafat - Romania (august 2009)

MisterGibs

Wow! Well done video... beautiful singing voice' date=' GREAT fingerpickin'...

I really enjoyed that, (and I didn't know what the heck you were saying!)[/quote']

The romanian ladies allso did not know what the heck I was singing, because I sang this song in bulgarian language, and it is totally different from the romanian language [cool]

The title of the song is "Friends"

... do you have friends?

... do you cry sometimes?

... do you sing with the wind?

... do you intercept someone to live?

(is the refrain)

The romanian ladies allso did not know what the heck I was singing' date=' because I sang this song in bulgarian language, and it is totally different from the romanian language [biggrin']

The title of the song is "Friends"

... do you have friends?

... do you cry sometimes?

... do you sing with the wind?

... do you intercept someone to live?

(is the refrain)

Nice! Every song I try to write comes out sounding like Hank Williams, (sung in a voice that sounds like Andy Devine)

You have great learned ability...but you also have a "gift" of a beautiful voice.

Mr.Gibs.....nice song......by the way' date=' are you the only Guy in Bulgaria that has a Gibson? I know that there are many, many Guitar luthiers in Eastern Europe and I'm speculating that an American made guitar as nice as yours may be quite rare? Is this so?[/quote']

S7302139-1.jpg

In May 2009 opened the first Gibson Shop in Bulgaria.They had a Hummingbird and I know they sold it to some russian woman who told them: "... this guitar is beautiful - please pack it as a present to my boss!"

They had some Cheril Crow signature model (still in the shop) and a SWD and they sold them, but I don't know the owners. They have an SJ 185 Rosewood (still in the shop). The Songmaker they sold to a great bulgarian poet and by now director of the Library of Sofia (the capital of Bulgaria), matter of fact he is not playing on it but his son does ;-)

B U T ...

I am the only owner (till now) of a Gibson Acoustic SJ 200 Custom Elite in Bulgaria and in Romania and this is for sure!

So M-R GIBS is still unique these lands...

And you don't look nervous AT ALL!! Do you get nervous before public appearances? You looked completely calm.

After 34 years of playing guitar and singing before audience I don't feel nervous at all.

And that video is made in Calafat - Romania. The people in this town know me since 2003. All of the musicians who come there are my friends. I feel there on that stage as I am at home ;-)

Archived