Gibson Brands Forums

Some of my songs, help me chose one.

Thundergod

Ok here's the story...

I have been working on an album for what seems like forever, I made the songs, I've recorded both guitars (in some songs up to 11 guitars), and the bass. My pal who has played drums with me since I started playing recorded all the drums.

Now, I consider it a work in progress and so haven't posted any of them in here before, but now I have the oportunity to have one of my songs go into an international album and I cannot chose one.

So I have posted the 5 I like more and want you guys to help me decide between them.

I explain how everything was recorded in here: http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/groups/gas-problem-need-help-so-talk-about-anything-keep-me-interested-d1985-last-some-songs-mine.html

You can find the songs in here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1042767

Don't mind the first one as it's the intro to the album (which will have 8 songs + intro + "outro")

My band's name is Alter Ego, and as you can see from the song's titles, the theme is about dual personalities, madness and loosing sanity, the album will be called "Down The Rabbit Hole".

Again, it's a work in progress and I have to pick one out so I can finish it in the next 5 days, some have some parts where the guitars sound weak, it's because there's where the lyrics go).

Thanks in advance! [lol]

Also, feel free to make any and all sugestions and corrections so I can improve them before the final mix and mastering.

TG....so far i'm loving Going Postal....need to listen to the rest but this is a cool song....

Are the drums programmed or live?

All drums were recorded live, with some of them coming out of a roland td-20 using all the audio outputs (so, recording everything separated in different channels, no MIDI or programming used!) and some were recorded with acoustic drums.

Very cool stuff!

I'm actually torn between "Authority Rage" and "Keeps Changin' On".

They way they are right now, I think "Authority Rage" is the better song, but IMO "Keeps Changin' On" has potential to be the best of the five you've posted.

'Down the Rabbit Hole' and 'Goodbye Song' are great. I think some songs lose some impact due to the (to my ears) digital tone - Authority Rage, Intro and Going Postal. I haven't read how you recorded them, and I could be wrong... Sorry to be picky, but the tones just sound a little weaker.

Rabbit Hole has balls - I'd go with it. Really like the bass tone, and great drums throughout all the tracks.

Archived