Gibson Brands Forums

Hendrix new album.

Cruznolfart

I haven't heard the complete album yet, only a couple cuts. One was awful, both singing and playing. Lifeless, uninspired. The other one, another old Blues cover, was much better. But I don't foresee dropping coin on stuff he rejected. I'm just not that crazy about him.

Ya know....i might get hammered for saying this....but i feel that way about a lot of Hendrix stuff...his playing is great, but i find that he doesn't sound like he cares about what he is singing in many cases. I haven't heard anything from this album but was not really planning on buying it....

I heard a little of it on NPR. It sounded kind of interesting and I would like to hear where he was heading. Unlike some old f*rts, I have always liked Hendrix. The way he connected to and became one with his guitar was like no one else I have ever heard.

A co-worker bought it and lent it to me for a listen, I found some songs good some just OK others are just a jam.

Overall if you are a fan and a completist why not, if you are looking for an surprisingly good album then no.

True that some songs did not make the cut, but that was then. Maybe Jimi would have released them himself later on, it happens all the time that artists write a song and they realize it is not the right moment in thier career to release it.

I compare this album to another postumous compliation of Jimi's, his "Blues" album.

I am not the hugest Jimi fan but I listen to him with an open mind and pay a hell of a lot of attention when I do.

I heard a little of it on NPR. It sounded kind of interesting and I would like to hear where he was heading. Unlike some old f*rts' date=' I have always liked Hendrix. The way he connected to and became one with his guitar was like no one else I have ever heard.[/quote']

I can respect that. thumbupsmilie.gif After all, all us old farts aren't alike. [biggrin]

I figure that if he didn't want that stuff released when he was alive' date=' he wasn't proud of it, and didn't want me to hear it.

? Notes[/quote']

Isnt their a quote of him saying that every thing he plays he wants it be heard? [-(

Ya know....i might get hammered for saying this....but i feel that way about a lot of Hendrix stuff...his playing is great' date=' but i find that he doesn't sound like he cares about what he is singing in many cases. I haven't heard anything from this album but was not really planning on buying it....[/quote']

I don't know if it's so much him not caring about what he sings as opposed to the drugs in his system at the time he was singing....dood was known to drop some drugs ya know....[bored]

Archived