Gibson Brands Forums

What is your favorite Bourbon ?

gsxrrr

Seems that many of the best bourbons begin wuth letter B.

Bookers, Blantons, Basil Hayden...

My favorite is Bookers, but it's pretty expensive. Another good one I just discovered, and it's not so expensive is Old Forester.

For Bourbon, yeah, Beam probably. Had my share of black Jack as a kid. (Of legal age, of course. Maybe ages 22-40.)

Laphroaig, definitely as a favorite. I like the Islay/island types as Pippy with a bit of peat and seaweed and saltwater that reminds you you're alive. <grin> Speysides are way too bland.

I've had a bit of the Irish dew, but...

Don't drink much nowadays - perhaps 2-3 bottles a year. Haven't bought a bourbon in years. I think I had a Beam sour maybe three years ago.

Beer? Only when it's been a very, very hot and dusty rodeo unless it's a good microbrew stout or porter.

m

Seems that many of the best bourbons begin wuth letter B.

Bookers' date=' Blantons, Basil Hayden...

My favorite is Bookers, but it's pretty expensive. Another good one I just discovered, and it's not so expensive is Old Forester. [/quote']

I love Bookers, but my issue with it is that it skips a few steps. You miss the "happy drunk, gotta nice buzz kinda thing"

and head straight to inebriation city!

I love Bookers' date=' but my issue with it is that it skips a few steps. You miss the "happy drunk, gotta nice buzz kinda thing"

and head straight to inebriation city![/quote']

That's why I only sip it, and only have one or maybe two.

Back in my youth, I would have said Jim Beam straight from the bottle untl it was empty [thumbup]

If it's bourbon, Maker's Mark and Buffalo Trace(another [laugh]. I live in Louisville and if you ever have to be in Kentucky, take the "Bourbon Trail" tour to the various distilleries. But if I have my way, and some cash, single malt at least 12 years old cannot be beat. No blends. Too bad a good bottle is hard to find under $35. An ice cold beer is always a welcome refreshment. It's like a day off from work, there's never a bad time to have one.

Archived