Gibson Brands Forums

Instrumental guitar music?

mcmurray

I don't mind a few instrumentals thrown in for good measure.

These are some of the instrumentals I'm listening to on my ipod at the moment:

The Loner - Gary Moore

The Prophet - Gary Moore

Buck's Boogie - Blue Oyster Cult

Coronarias Redig - Deep Purple

Frankenstein - Edgar Winter Group

Until We Say Goodbye - Joe Satriani

Is There Love In Space - Joe Satriani

Down, Down, Down - Joe Satriani

Sleepwalk - Joe Satriani

It's So Good - Joe Satriani

All Alone - Joe Satriani

Bittersuite - Motley Crue

Ending Credits - Opeth

Lenny - SRV

Riviera Paradise - SRV

Respect The Wind - EVH (from the Twister soundtrack)

My kids are starting to ask questions.

"Dad, why are their no words to La Villa Strangiato?"

"Dad, do you like Sach Boogie?"

The other day I heard some Black Sabbath instrumental tune and was completely blown away by Iomi's Jazzy Chord Phrasing.

Wish I could remember the name of the piece.

The other day I heard some Black Sabbath instrumental tune and was completely blown away by Iomi's Jazzy Chord Phrasing.

Wish I could remember the name of the piece.

I don't know what song you're talking about but Rat Salad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sxW5as-PPM has some jazzy playing.

Also, he plays some jazzy soloing in the alternate version of Planet Caravan (all though it's not instrumental): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRxwOY9Z6g

I could listen to Chet Atkins all day. The way he played guitar is never going to be equalled here on earth again. The tone he could get was unbelievable. The Ventures were also the greatest rock instrumental group of all time. To stay at the top of their game for nearly 50 years is unreal. I have always liked instrumental music better than vocal unless Ray Charles or Roy Orbison.

tlsmith

I could listen to Chet Atkins all day. The way he played guitar is never going to be equalled here on earth again. The tone he could get was unbelievable. The Ventures were also the greatest rock instrumental group of all time. To stay at the top of their game for nearly 50 years is unreal. I have always liked instrumental music better than vocal unless Ray Charles or Roy Orbison.

tlsmith

welcome to the forum. i'm realy looking forward to musical debates with you! [biggrin]

"I have always liked instrumental music better than vocal unless Ray Charles or Roy Orbison.

tlsmith"

Yeah, but Charles and Orbison used their voices as instruments.

To me, that's the difference. There are others, too...

m

Chet Atkins is sick! Vai' date=' not so much for me.....his music always just comes off as ultra cheesy to me....i can't put my finger on it though....[/quote']

I think he tries to hard to be VAi, I like him, but it's more of a Deep Appreciation than actual Like. Beck, too. I'd rather listen to someone who tries to further the song as opposed to their Style.

Archived