Gibson Brands Forums

Pics from my local Guitar-Denter. A must see thread!

Thundergod

You are damn right! I hadn't noticed that.

Maybe they have them on storage one box on top of the other and then on top of all of them they keep motorcycles or something [lol]

It's a shame to see perfectly fine guitars end that way ('cause that's how it ends' date=' [b']I doubt anyone'll ever buy them[/b]).

I hope no one buys them, it would be a shame for some one, not knowing any better!

...What gets me is these are new guitars and look at the upper impression this case has from the strings and the bottom of the case. The amount of weight that had to be on the top of this case to cause that in unbelievable.

I have two Gibson cases that looks just like that. It's due to lots of the fluffy stuff, not excessive pressure.

But yeah, that shop looks like a disaster area.

DJ

--

I'm with flight959. That guitar is in serious need of Fret Doctor. I've come realize that when I see guitars in this condition there is no point in even discussing it with the store managers. If they allow this sort of neglect then they should be allowed to stay on the shelf and not be sold...

So I emailed Ed Boyle (owner of Fret Doctor). Actually this is a rare guitar related email I sent (we usually send each other jokes every day). He sent me some pictures and told me "The board had splinters in it! Only one treatment with fret doctor."

Before Fret Doctor

WreckedChrisIsaac027.jpg

After Fret Doctor

WreckedChrisIsaac009.jpg

I realize that....

Looking at the images' date=' that doesn't look like a typical GC set-up. Especially the strat that's positioned next to a boxed P/C screen articulating frame kit. :-k [/quote']

Its not a GC, more like a walmart with gibsons and other guitars.

Like best buy...but no good tech and ****.

Its not a GC' date=' more like a walmart with gibsons and other guitars.

Like best buy...but no good tech and ****. [/quote']

That's what I figured.....:-k

Hopefully those instruments will eventually land in some caring players hands

Re. string and fret indents in the case lining:

Not in a brand new guitar/case...

So suddenly it's not due to "an unbelievable amount of weight" then' date=' but age? Well, both of mine were like that brand new and still are.

Just like this:

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/barryj61/Guitar/DSC_0218.jpg[/img]

IMG_0001_24.jpg

IMG_0001_23.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

SGs1.jpg

p2_uneg2ylgs_so.jpg

...and so on. Two of those pictures are of mine, new ones, with very pronounced string and fret indentations in the 'fur', and they've never been under pressure. TG's pic and some random ones are also there for comparison. There's nothing special about the case lining.

By all means bash that disastrous GC branch, I'm all for it - just keep it real, no reason to invent stuff ;-)

DJ

--

DSC_0218.jpg

[cool]

...Show-off...:-k

As for the store' date=' yeah, it's quite a shock to see new stock in that condition. It's a real shame that they allow decent guitars to get beat up like that, that they just neglect those instruments completely.

What a shame. That surprises me--I thought that the objective for retail in any form is to generate income through [i']moving product[/i].

It's really sad to see any instruments treated with such uncaring neglect. To do nothing for those guitars year after year makes it doubly shocking.

I'd have thought at least one worker in the store would have some protective sense towards them but perhaps not.

What a terrible shame.

I got 250 bucks off my SG standard for two small finish nicks near the upper neck

Are you sure about that?

If you paid more than 70% of the MSRP (Gibson can tell you how much that is) for a grand total' date=' you got no deal.

Just sayin'...

:-

Guitar Center gives everybody a "discount" to make them feel better about the deal.

You may very well have gotten that same $250 off a brand new/out of the box SG Standard.

If you agreed to take a "Dimpled Darling" off their hands instead, you made the manager very happy.

It's all part of their business model.

Thundergod, I applaud you for being able to get your hands on some nice guitars despite the obstacles!

:-({|=

[biggrin]

...Show-off...[biggrin]

Unfortunately' date=' that particular one isn't mine, if only [biggrin

Guess Gibson is cheapened up the cases then because my 05 doesn't have that' date=' My SG doesnt have that and none of my Iby's have it.[/quote']

Right, they must've done that... BTW, my new Ibanez case has the fretboard imprint, so does my brand X case.

DJ

--

Archived