Gibson Brands Forums

can this be a Gibson?

jakatone

Looks like a Chinese Paul...they do a sweet job at the fakes..got to give it to the Commy Ba$tards..It wont be long they are just lying in the waiting.....waiting to strike...everyone keep there eyes open...

Hey Jakatone' date=' is this guy trying to pass it off as an original LP? Good find 3DMac.[/quote']

well,it just says Gibson LP supreme....doesn´t say anything else.i does say Gibson supreme on the headstock so he isn´t really lying.....but he does say that he is willing to trade it for a high end all tube amp,like messa,high end marshall or fender....so,he must be trying to pass it on as and original because,a fake gibson can´t be in the same range price as these amps,the original would.

http://www.glazbeni-oglasnik.com/oglasi/slika00099671.JPG

here is another one' date='from the same forum....only this guy says that it is possible that it is a fake....i´d say fake....the diamond inlay on the headstock looks all wrong...to small i guess.[/quote']

When they still have the clear plastic Epiphone sticker on the bridge pick-up, that's usually a pretty good indication that it's fake.

Archived