Gibson Brands Forums

KSG_Standard

Californiaman

Dennis...

Ain't seen your notes in a while, either. Began to wonder if you went under.

BTW guys, I just had a blast from the past - long story but I ended up discovering through my brother-in-law's facebook page that he had them both as "friends" or whatever; so got some emails to and from guys I played music with 44 years ago. Hmmmm. I think of the bunch of us, the only ones with only one spouse from back then is my brother-in-law who is not a musician, was literally a professional boy scout, and married my very nice little sister who considered me a grouchy old man already more than 50 years ago....

Funny thing, we all look older. Argh. (In case she might see this, all of us except of course my little sister who's now a grandma - and I can't believe that, either.)

m

Tazz said there was a thread about me. I'm touched! I appreciate the concern.[cool]

Blackie/Slacky...we didn't have any kind of confrontation, I just asked you to help clarify your thread on 5.56Nato and black plastic wrap. It's all good.[-(

How's life treating all of you folks?

Anniversaries are great. Congratulations. And your going to be 50 in a couple days. I've got a couple more years before I hit the big five-oh.

You know I bought that '62 Telecaster Custom RI in Sea Foam Green right?

No new amps yet.

Looking at maybe getting a Dr. Z Route 66. Love the thick, rich tones from that amp.

Also saving for my next guitar. Haven't picked one out yet.

How about you. Anything new?

Only age 50 or below.

Sheesh' date=' just a buncha kids. <chortle>

m

[/quote']

We laugh. Wife and I are attending the baptism of our friends's 3 children next weekend. You should have seen the old guy in the mirror, trying on my Sunday suit. I mean...the clothes were a perfect fit and looked very nice, but the old boy stickin' out of 'em looked like my Dad or summat. [-(

P.S. Hiya, KSG, were your ears burning? [cool]

Dennis...

Ah, but how I resemble that remark.

But hey, guy - the thing is, the suits still fit! And they didn't hafta cut the back out to fit 'em on us.

<chuckle>

All kidding aside, a cupla weeks ago the local museum had a banquet. The them was "The 1940s." One couple kinda stood out in their "antique" outfits. They've been married over 50 years and she wore her "drive away to the honeymoon" dress and he wore the suit in which he was married - and the outfits fit both of them quite well. I think they were the envy of the whole place.

Remember when the ladies always wore white gloves?

m

Nothing new yet' date=' but I'm eyeballing that new Mesa Trans Atlantic and a 4x10 cab to go with it. I might have to sell one of the kids in order to swing it...[/quote']

I'm really loving all of these "lunchbox" amps, the Transatlantic, Dual/Tiny Terror, Tweaker, Night Train, etc. I dig em [biggrin]

Archived