Gibson Brands Forums

Just in case ANYBODY gives a rat's ass...

NeoConMan

I coudnt believe it when Tiger said he was going to get back to his old roots. :-

I dont care about his personal crap - its not my business.

And yes, I hate golf.

I was sworn off the bloody game until I stupidly got tempted a few years ago and joined in one of those celebrity golf games. I've regretted it ever since.

I am the proverbial James Hacker when it comes to that game.

And I have real difficulty understanding the culture and so-called comraderie around golf that they talk about. All I've seen is lots of posing, jealousy, cheating and a lot of one-up manship.

And lets not forget the CLUB RULES, GOLF ETIQUETTE and those SILLY CLOTHES! Its like a secret society. Dont get me started.

OF course, a lot of people get real enjoyment out of it. Its just not for me.[crying]

(If I am being objective, I am just real crap at it and always will be. So who am I to judge? [confused] )

I play golf a couple of times over the summer, local hack course, 9 holes, 3 par each hole. I go with friends, and we have a blast. None of us are really good, except for my one friend. We just have fun. I go to the driving range a ton, and there is a Top Golf in the area, tons of fun if you ever get the chance. I can't watch it though to save my life. I don't follow it, nor do I care what people do. I think its a fun game, and I leave it at that.

And Neo- whenever I go golfing, or to the driving range, my father always relays this comment, feel free to use it: Golf courses are a waste of a good rifle range. [confused]

I hate golf too. I especially hate it now since the town next door shut down the shooting range I used to frequent, to build a 7th golf course.

So what can I do except blast the horn every time I drive past the driving range.

Heard about it on the news.

Not on the SPORTS - on the news.

IT'S NOT NEWS!!!!

Lame' date=' isn't it?[confused

And I' date=' for one, do NOT give a rat's *** what Tiger Woods is doing.

[crying

Me neither.

Just check your local newspaper, as time passes, stuff that should be in the front page can be found in page 2, 3, 4, while stupid celebrities get frontpage space. It's just stupid.

I hate golf too. I especially hate it now since the town next door shut down the shooting range I used to frequent' date=' to build a 7th golf course.

So what can I do except blast the horn every time I drive past the driving range.[/quote']

You could always pretend that no-one told you that it was no longer a shooting range? [confused]

Especially with the same consumption of alcohol practiced by the golfers....

:)/

I will admit to playing golf maybe half a dozen times - and I enjoyed it immensely.

It was miniature golf - Puny Putt or whatever - while I was in college.

I'm not kidding.

Several of us went one time, when an afternoon of bored drinking made it sound like a good idea.

We were finally asked to leave the place, our drunken exuberance and revelry was not appreciated.

Later we decided that we should go earlier on a weekday when all the children were in school and there

no crowds to deal with. The park operators were much more gracious at that point - we had a blast!

And drunk doesn't even begin to describe it, but dammit we had fun!!!

This was what, 25 years ago?

Two times in my life I've played golf drunk.

The first time we'd been sitting in a place called MVP sports bar drinking beers and shots of whisky for a couple of hours (lunch was a great tasting prime rib sandwich). Suddenly we got the urge to go golfing. What a great time. Of course we filled the cooler with more beer than we could hope to consume that afternoon. Had a great time.

The next time was at a brother-in-laws golf outing right before his wedding. I'd been drinking Big Foot Ale (10.25 barley wine) and was feeling great when we got to the course. Then someone bought a pitcher and we proceeded to drink that before hitting the links. I was holding my own and really enjoying it too. I was loose and relaxed and playing great. I can see John Dailey's point when he went out for a round with a good buzz.

Anyway, I eagled the ninth hole. Those guys never seen anything like it they said. I chipped in from 40 years out. I was rolling on the ground laughing because in my state of mind it was so improbably. By hey, I was hitting it long and straight that day and I guess an eagle on the ninth hole was in the cards for me.

I love golf.

Enough of all this "Lets turn it into natural wildlife sanctuaries". Boulder Dash! Learn to play the game. It's good healthy fun. Unless of course you're into throwing your clubs or wrapping them around a tree. Which has resulted in the demise and death of some poor unfortunate bastard who couldn't control his temper. The shaft of a golf club straight through the heart is not the way you want to go out.

Enough of this. Rock-On People. Rock-On.

Archived