Gibson Brands Forums

Its like taking a custom shop 59 reissue out of your pocket

You're gonna get me banned posting sh!t like that...

[biggrin]

Trust me, the REAL numbers would probably chew up most of Gibson's Custom Shop production for a day.

We here in America don't give a rat's *** about how much money our government is pissing away.

Been decades since anybody did.

if u wanna talk, send me a PM

like I said, It REALLY shook me up, how many of us talk about all these guitars that we want, I type in the information into the calculator, and it says how much money I pay into the system

looking @ it from the standpoint of giving away 3K + worth of guitar, it boils the blood!

Public Stupidity Experiment for April 15th.

Try this one out on your college friends.

The ones living at home with Mom & Dad, and not paying sh!t for their life's needs.

Ask them how much they're getting back for a tax refund this year.

If it's a dollar amount, and they're getting a refund instead of paying additional tax, then go to Step 2.

Since they will gleefully tell you how much money Uncle Sam is mailing to them, ask them another question.

How much money did they pay in to Uncle Sam?

They won't have a damned clue.

They will have no idea how much money they paid in fed, state and other taxes.

Since it's withheld, they never see it, so they don't have a clue.

Probably won't be much, and their refund will likely exceed the amount, but they won't know.

Stupid fxcks, voting for higher taxes and a smoking trail of wreckage where the economy used to be....

Now you wanna really see how stupid the public is?

Try this same thing with your working friends.

And I don't mean the 20 hr/week part-time waiters.

I'm talking about the ones with jobs, bills, kids, responsibilities.

They pay rent or a mortgage.

They pay to own, maintain and insure a car.

They have their own debt out the *** for student loans, credit cards, etc.

Mom & Dad don't help them with sh!t and they've been surviving for a few years now.

The ones that should have a clue by now....

See if THEY know how much of their hard-earned money they gave away for NOTHING to Uncle Sam.

Let me know what you find out.

See how many are stupid fxcks, just the same....

The scary thing about this graphic is that it makes painfully clear how the people earning more than 100k pay 74.3% of the taxes or "the burden", as it is aptly described.

I know for a fact that the people earning more than 100k don't have 74.3% of the votes.

That's supposed to be "democratic"?

Not even close! Seems more like a form of modern slavery to me...

The worst part?

Hundreds of billions of dollars are spent by Uncle Sam on literally nothing more than irresponsibility.

INTEREST.

Say you had a credit card somebody gave you with a million dollar limit.

Then you went on a little vacation, took a cruise or two, flew around the world a couple of times...

You picked up the tab for everybody everywhere you went, bought food, clothes for everybody.

Gave big, huge tips at every restaurant.

Every foreign country you went to, stir up some kind of trouble and pay lawyers to get you home.

Buy guitars, cars, motorcycles, computers, TV's for everybody.

In a month you max out the card.

You've just spent ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Now what?

Minimum payment is $40,000 a month.

Can YOU pay that on your current income?

Every month?

And the debt remains unchanged, the million dollars you pissed away has YOUR name all over it.

$40,000 a month is only to pay the interest so you don't get fxcking thrown in jail.

In a year, all your sh!t is pretty much gone, because you gave it away for nearly nothing to pay your bills.

You've borrowed from relatives, loan sharks, and finally turned to stealing anything you can to make payments.

$40,000 dollars a month, or your *** goes to jail.

Are you still paying $40,000 a month in a year?

Two years?

How long could you spend $40,000 a month on nothing but interest - only to stay out of jail?

Ten years?

Twenty years?

Remember, nothing has changed. That ONE MILLION DOLLARS is still waiting to be paid.

If you're in the US Congress, nobody cares.

Keep on spending, because 60 million stupid fxcking Americans will keep giving you a job.

And you're not spending your money, it's somebody else's.

Don't stop now, because nobody cares.

[smile]

I'm trying not to believe you're that partisan, that far Left, THAT foolish.

No Iraq, no problem?

GTFOH

What about Afghanistan?

Don't make me start counting troops deployed since January 20, 2009...

The problem is a whole lot bigger than that little circus pony you refuse to get off of.

And the people YOU voted for are fixing the problem how.....????????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm not about to support a political party that devoid of morals & ethics, or so allergic to the truth.

And the one I have supported for thirty years has proven to be little better in actions and deeds.

BailoutATM.jpg

http://kickthemallout.com

Essential Reading for every American.

Declaration of Independence

The Constitution

The Bill of Rights

Get back to me when you're done....

I'm trying not to believe you're that partisan' date=' that far Left, THAT foolish.

No Iraq, no problem?

GTFOH

[/quote']

Not that partisan, far left, or foolish; just stating a fact. No Iraq, one less major problem (never said it was the be all, end all). It's like our government lost the history books and decided to overthrow a government with no plan on what to do after that. Bush I was smart enough to stop at the border after Gulf War I.

Second, this bailout was almost three decades in the making. They started deregulating the financial industry under Reagan and really ramped it up under Clinton and Bush II. When you remove the laws and take the police off of the streets why should you be surprised when your neighborhoods are crime filled and run by gangs. I can't & won't defend the bailout because I think congress missed a prime opportunity to right the ship, but rolling the dice and letting the entire financial system collapse was kind of scary. I work in one of financial hubs of this country. I watched the Arthur Anderson Accounting collapse first hand and I used to work for Lehman Brothers. My home state is Michigan. When would have been a good time to stop the bleeding?

I'll refer you to what I stated in Post #2.

We here in America don't give a rat's *** about how much money our government is pissing away.

Been decades since anybody did.

I get the distinct impression that Americans, in your opinion, cannot be trusted with their money or choices.

Reagan was the start of all our problems.

More government is the answer.

We disagree - more than you can even fathom.

Archived