Gibson Brands Forums

This excuse would never work in real life

Silverbursted

Honestly honey, I couldn't seem to make it home because a volcano erupted in Iceland, and all flights in and out of western Europe are cancelled because the wind is blowing across the UK. Really??? That would be the greatest excuse of all time if it weren't true.

In all seriousness, I hope our European friends are not getting a lung full of that nasty stuff.

It's funny to me how many people don't understand Global Navigation 101.

"Why do all the planes have to fly so far north, why don't they go straight across?"

Two words - Great Circle.

Good luck over there SB.

Maybe you can just keep flying east and take the scenic route back to the USA....

:-)

I was actually fortunate on this one. British Airways cancelled my flight early this morning, so I never made it to the airport. The bad thing is, my flight is now Sunday morning via Miami, won't arrive in London until 6:30 Monday morning, will drive directly to work from Heathrow. I fully expect to be a basket case all day Monday.

The bad thing is' date=' my flight is now Sunday morning via Miami, won't arrive in London until 6:30 Monday morning, will drive directly to work from Heathrow. I fully expect to be a basket case all day Monday.[/quote']

Wow when I went to work exhausted I was grumpy and irritable - that could be a really bad day for everybody considering your job! [crying]

Wow when I went to work exhausted I was grumpy and irritable - that could be a really bad day for everybody considering your job! [crying]

Yea crashing the customers helicopter on the first day would probably not make a very good first impression. They can be so picky sometimes, go figure.

Hi Silverbursted. Are you in London for long?

If you are and will be in the vicinity of Denmark St (not bad for Gibson electrics, no good for Gibson acoustics) at some time let us know. There's a few of us who will gladly buy a fellow forum member a beer.

Bring a hat and a face mask. That volcanic dust gets everywhere!

Hi Silverbursted. Are you in London for long?

If you are and will be in the vicinity of Denmark St (not bad for Gibson electrics' date=' no good for Gibson acoustics) at some time let us know. There's a few of us who will gladly buy a fellow forum member a beer.

Bring a hat and a face mask. That volcanic dust gets everywhere![/quote']

Hey thanks for the invite. This is a pretty short trip (if at all). I was planning on making it down to Denmark St on Thursday. I have heard there are several cool shops there.

PM your number and I'll give you a call.

Archived