Gibson Brands Forums

Claptons Autobiography

cookieman15061

Just back from Jamaica and while on vacation was able to read EC's book on his life. Good stuff and its nice to see an artist find his way out of the fog of drugs and booze, get his life on track and live a healthy life with his family.

Toughest part of the book is the chapter on his son falling to his death. A really tragic event.

Check it out if any of ya out there still know how to read a book.

I have a copy somewhere but never got round to reading it.

Many biographies can be a hard slog - the only one that really kept my interest was an unauthorised biography of Keith Richards - non stop entertainment.

However, based on your recommendation, I must pull it out and read it. Thanks.

I read Clapton's book and Patti Boyd's back to back. It was very interesting to hear two sides of many of the same stories. I will say that the two different perspectives were very close in recollection, so I will give Clapton credit for giving the straight scoop. As anyone who's read it knows, he pulls no punches in his book.

Patti Boyd's book is also a great read for the Beatles/Harrison/Clapton connection and interaction, plus all the behind the scenes Beatles and Harrison stuff. I probably enjoyed her book more than Eric's.

I read Clapton's book and Patti Boyd's back to back. It was very interesting to hear two sides of many of the same stories. I will say that the two different perspectives were very close in recollection' date=' so I will give Clapton credit for giving the straight scoop. As anyone who's read it knows, he pulls no punches in his book.

Patti Boyd's book is also a great read for the Beatles/Harrison/Clapton connection and interaction, plus all the behind the scenes Beatles and Harrison stuff. I probably enjoyed her book more than Eric's.

[/quote']

I did the same...bought, then read both books, "back to back!" Enjoyed them both!

CB

Archived