Gibson Brands Forums

Follow Gibson on Twitter and Facebook here

Guest Gibson Lifestyle

Guest Switch 625

Hey friends,

I'm Sean Dooley, the Editor-Social Media for Gibson, and I just wanted to introduce myself and to ask you to "help the cause" and to follow Gibson on both Twitter and Facebook.

I'm here in the headquarters in Nashville, and I just wanted to let you know that there are a lot of cool and exciting things happening at Gibson...and it's my job to help keep you informed all over the social media universe.

I look forward to jumping into this forum and joining in on the fun (and I hope I'm not breaking too many rules by this quick and shameless "follow request" right out of the gate).

http://www.Twitter.com/GibsonLifestyle

Here's our Facebook link (squatters are sitting on Gibson's company name at Facebook, something we hope to remedy soon...):

http://bit.ly/anBL3L

Thanks!

Sean

Sure, if you "help the cause" and pass this along to the design department...

The perfect SG reissue recipe: Historic spec beveling paired with the '61 RI's thinner tapered horn tips (and leave a little more on that bottom horn length to give it that true "vintage" semi-symmetrical illusion!); or bring back the Maestro Vibrola as an option on the USA '61 Reissue (along with the 1999-2003 consistent deeper bevels). And make either or both of them nice "new" deep cherry red (not "washed" or "faded", and with good filler & don't skimp on the clearcoat). Leave the slabby halfa$$ed-reissues to the copycat companies and start taking pride in REAL LOOKING REISSUES.

Thanks!

Hey friends' date='

I'm Sean Dooley, the Editor-Social Media for Gibson, and I just wanted to introduce myself and to ask you to "help the cause" and to follow Gibson on both Twitter and Facebook.

I'm here in the headquarters in Nashville, and I just wanted to let you know that there are a lot of cool and exciting things happening at Gibson...and it's my job to help keep you informed all over the social media universe.

I look forward to jumping into this forum and joining in on the fun (and I hope I'm not breaking too many rules by this quick and shameless "follow request" right out of the gate).

http://www.Twitter.com/GibsonLifestyle

Here's our Facebook link (squatters are sitting on Gibson's company name at Facebook, something we hope to remedy soon...):

http://bit.ly/anBL3L

Thanks!

Sean[/quote']

Welcome Sean and thanks for your introduction. Anything you can pass along would be great[cool]

Yo Sean...

I facebook for work purposes... Don't twitter. I do a little youtube and myspace.

Odd "corporate" question here, but why facebook 'stedda youtube and/or myspace?

Good luck, btw.

The "lounge" here, if you ain't been a regular, is an interesting batch of folks ranging from early to late teens and ... on up to a cupla guys who are almost as old and grouchy as I am. <chortle> The ladies, however, are such who never age, have infinite variety of interests and knowledge, and whose voices are pure music along with the flash of their eyes and skilled guitar technical ability.

It's also a bunch who have a degree of cynicism. But that's not all bad since, after all, if they didn't care, they wouldn't care. Cynics do care, they just feel they've gotten their fingers burned and are cautious.

Most of the cynicism expressed here has to do with wishing Gibson were more available outside mass marketers, less expensive, got better press on the corporate side, and had a few "extras" guitar-wize that might be more fitting to their own aesthetic quirks. A few folks like more rounded neck radii - why, I don't know, but I guess that goes with skinny little pickups. <grin>

What the heck, I'd love a $300 ES 175 with a master volume about 2 inches forward of the bridge on the pick guard so I would wiggle it with my pinkie finger. On the other hand, I ain't holdin' my breath.

Also, if most of us seem at times a bit grouchy, figure it's, again, 'cuz we care about everything guitar from neck radius to pickup quality and strings... Oddly enough, we also seem to care more than a little about each other even though we ain't never seen most of the other folks... Interesting bit there, eh?

m

Guest Switch 625

Thanks for the rundown, Milod...and for all the comments that came before yours. I don't mind "cynics" for the very reasons you mentioned. If they truly didn't care, they wouldn't be here. I like to think, for the most part, most of the folks that come to this forum are fans; some happy, others disgruntled, but fans just the same.

Without sounding too much like a company shill, I'll tell you that Gibson is truly interested in what its fans are saying. The company wants that feedback, even the really negative stuff, because how else are we going get improve? As the Editor - Social Media, its incumbant upon me to listen to the community of fans and to join the discussion. In the paradigm of Web 2.0 and social media, the days of communication being one-way...from company to consumer...are over, and Gibson realizes that.

And for the sake of full disclosure, I've been a Gibson owner since I was 13. My father, feeling guilty over his transfer from Dallas to Oklahoma City when I was in the 7th grade, bought me a 1978 Gibson "The Paul," and it's easily my favorite guitar (I've owned probably 15 guitars over the years, but my "The Paul" remains my primary guitar.) Funny thing is, when he took me to the guitar store, I thought I was just gonna get some cheap Les Paul copy, and I didn't care! Ace Frehley played a Les Paul, and that's all I wanted! I knew there was no way the old man was gonna spring for a Gibson, and I was okay with that. But the sales guy talked him into buying the Gibson, and I've been thankful ever since.

So, yes, I get it. I was a life-long fan well before I ever started working for Gibson.

Take care,

Sean

Sean...

Whooooeeeee. What a deal at age 13.

Heck, I couldn't afford a new Paul unless somebody bought a lottery ticket and gave it to me and it hit the jackpot. <grin>

So... no $300 175s with a custom master volume, eh? <chortle>

On a serious note, though, does the big boss read this forum ever? It can get a little rough.

m

Archived