Gibson Brands Forums

I know some of you guys were around in the 80s

nikko18

The only "bracelets" I've ever worn in my life (besides a wristwatch) were placed on me against my will.

Nor did I volunteer for the resulting car ride and subsequent incarceration.

HAHAHAHA... been there....done that......

Great pics Rich. So..... How many friday nights did you spend at quakerbridge back in the day?

lol! MANY! I was a total mall rat at QB during my last two years of highschool and even after starting college. :)

The mall rat days:

n737249651_1686090_2700140.jpg

lol! MANY! I was a total mall rat at QB during my last two years of highschool and even after starting college. :-s

The mall rat days:

n737249651_1686090_2700140.jpg

yeah, I was there so much they even hired me at wall to wall sound. those were the days

Sheesh....

You "kids" are making me feel old. Even older than Rob. <grin>

Seriously, in the '80s I was traveling a lot and listening to mostly "classical" or "oldies" of the era which meant 50s and 60s music - either rock or country.

Hmmmmm.

Never was into bracelets of any sort - certainly not what Neo's talking about. <grin>

Tried a copper one when I had some difficulties with my right hand because of some stupid stuff I was doing with it. Left my shirts and wrist with greenie black stuff and didn't do a darned thing otherwise.

Nowadays I'm thoroughly modern and use my cell phone as a pocket watch like... I used in the sixth grade in the mid 50s 'cuz I didn't wanna get my wrist caught in stuff I was working with in the shop, or in a pan of gasoline.

Never had the long hair, either. Bushy, yeah. Not really long. Too easy to get your neck broken that way in some sorts of circumstances so I didn't do it.

m

Retrosurfer! Why do you have to go taunting me with them if can't have them? :P

And BoyVader' date=' I'm not the one with the elmo avatar! ;D[/quote']

Is Elmo gay? Cool...can he have one of yer girlie bracelets? lol...[cool]

Sheesh....

You "kids" are making me feel old. Even older than Rob. <grin>

m

Milo, you are one of the most respected members of this forum. Not only because of your "advanced years", but because of your wisdom and your ability to stay out of almost every controversy, (either that, or most here don't wanna tangle with your intellect).

Rob....

Sheesh, you're gonna make me blush.

Seriously, though, I think we can have a free-wheelin' guitarist forum that ain't gotta get nasty. I've got strong opinions too, but I don't like getting personal in arguments....

Some things about music, especially playing music:

I think there's sufficient science to show it keeps your head young, if not the body. I know I'm easily old enough to be a grandpa for some of the younger folks here, but except for music styles and a few "youth fad things," I'll wager I'm not really that much older in ways that don't mirror my 3-D topographical map that once was a face.

Another neat thing about music: It brings people together from different age groups and different backgrounds. You or I could sit in a studio with Yoda and do a duet and nobody'd know there's likely some 35-40 years age difference if we did a cartoon CD cover 'stedda a photo. Different backgrounds? Absolutely. I remember singing Arirang and Home on the Range in Korea... etc., etc. <grin>

m

Rob....

Sheesh' date=' you're gonna make me blush.

Seriously, though, I think we can have a free-wheelin' guitarist forum that ain't gotta get nasty. I've got strong opinions too, but I don't like getting personal in arguments....

Some things about music, especially playing music:

I think there's sufficient science to show it keeps your head young, if not the body. I know I'm easily old enough to be a grandpa for some of the younger folks here, but except for music styles and a few "youth fad things," I'll wager I'm not really that much older in ways that don't mirror my 3-D topographical map that once was a face.

Another neat thing about music: It brings people together from different age groups and different backgrounds. You or I could sit in a studio with Yoda and do a duet and nobody'd know there's likely some 35-40 years age difference if we did a cartoon CD cover 'stedda a photo. Different backgrounds? Absolutely. I remember singing Arirang and Home on the Range in Korea... etc., etc. <grin>

m

[/quote']

See... you ARE thoughtful in all your responses.

Like you, I refuse to get into a peeing contest with anyone on here, but some of my responses aren't taken in the way I mean them, (I ALWAYS go for the easy joke).

And what you say about you, I and Yoda sounds like an interesting proposition.... you have a studio we can use?

R

Rob...

Nope, no studio...

I've tried to Interest Gibson in doing something at the literal geographical "Center of the Nation" since they make a deal about American-made - and we're close enough to Bozeman.

But I think I could arrange pro-level recording overlooking the CON granite monument... <grin>

m

Rob...

Nope' date=' no studio...

I've tried to Interest Gibson in doing something at the literal geographical "Center of the Nation" since they make a deal about American-made - and we're close enough to Bozeman.

But I think I could arrange pro-level recording overlooking the CON granite monument... <grin>

m

[/quote']

Well, let's get Yoda on board.... I'd rather do an acoustic set, but could bring the P-Bass, if necessary.

Acoustic set, eh?

Hmmmmm.

Been a long time since I've played one of mine. I've gotten too used, perhaps, to my light strings and low electric action.

Hmmmmm.

Doggone, gotta make me think, eh?

m

Acoustic set' date=' eh?

Hmmmmm.

Been a long time since I've played one of mine. I've gotten too used, perhaps, to my light strings and low electric action.

Hmmmmm.

Doggone, gotta make me think, eh?

m

[/quote']

Well, if you insist, I can put a pickup on the old Dove, (no way I'd do that to the DIF), and we can do a "semi-electric" set! What does Yoda play?

That's the electric, but I think it sounds about as acoustic as some acoustic stuff I've heard.

I think Yoda's mostly electric.

Seriously, I like the EA thing 'cuz when I'm playing fingerstyle pure acoustic I think I tend to try for volume way too hard and technique goes all to H-E-doubletoothpick.

m

That's the electric' date=' but I think it sounds about as acoustic as some acoustic stuff I've heard.

I think Yoda's mostly electric.

Seriously, I like the EA thing 'cuz when I'm playing fingerstyle pure acoustic I think I tend to try for volume way too hard and technique goes all to H-E-doubletoothpick.

m

[/quote']

I listened to all three of the videos..... VERY nice and mellow stuff...... Thanks for sending me the link.

One of these days when I figure out a way to get a good recording, I'll post some too.... but you playing at that volume, and me behind ya on the Dove...man... all we need is a pretty girl on a good solid-body guitar and we can do great things!

Hmmmm....

All I can do is grin at that idea...

Hmmmmm. Wonder if she sings...

BTW, I don't have any decent "real" recording stuff. Everything I do is a mike and guitar through that little 30-watt Kustom acoustic amp, then line out to the computer thru a cheapie USB converter. The recording program is even a freebie, Audacity. You've gotta add a LAME extra piece from elsewhere to save as an MP3, but... no big deal for the price.

m

Archived