Gibson Brands Forums

I know some of you guys were around in the 80s

nikko18

So you see all these bracelets that Slash is wearing (Yes I do like Sloosh)?

slash1_jpg.jpg

Well I like those and I want some. I have two problems though the first one is I can't find them for sale any where and two I don't really want to spend money on jewelery. Sooo I was wondering if any of you guys have things like that sitting around or buried in you garage some where that you would be willing to give me? Please? [crying]

Hey Nikko, Even though this is a blatant violation of rule number ten of the forum rules... just so you know... You can still find those type of bracelets in Ibiza, a small party Island of the coast of Spain that has a latent hippy culture and during the season (summer months) you can find lots of stuff like that for sale in small vending carts by the outside cafes by the port.

I have also see very similar stuff being sold in vending carts in the malls in the Boston area... So if you look around I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for... [crying]

So you see all these bracelets that Slash is wearing

slash1_jpg.jpg

I was around in the 80's.... the 70's.... the 60's..... the 50's..... and for a very short period of time, in the 40's.... I went through the hippy years, (that kind of evolved into the Quicksilver/Chet Helm look), the disco era, etc...and I never owned any of those bracelets. I kind of left the "bling" stuff for my girlfriends & wives.

I used to wear that stuff back in the 80's but have no idea whatever happened to any of it (the 80's were a blurry time). But, it was all really cheap crap jewelry; you used to be able to buy those really thin bracelets by the handful for dirt. You might try Hot Topic or some of the cheap jewelry kiosks at a local shopping mall.

Silver bracelets have been around a long time before the 80's the chunkier silver and brass carved bracelets came back from Vietnam in the 60's then the rock fashions started in the 80's and 90's. And no you can't have them there freaking expensive now for the good one's 400 bucks and up for each.

IMG_0016.jpg

bracelets.jpg

IMG_0021-1.jpg

Rich, you were hot back in the 80s. :)

Nikko, my advice for you if you really want to look rock 'n roll: grow a sweet mustache.

Buck-Dharma.jpg

john_lennon.jpg

duaneallman.jpg

guitar2.jpg

090531TonyIommi_1.jpg

Notice how four of the five are actively playing SGs. Notice how the other one is John Lennon. Both options are also acceptable ways to be awesome.

I kind of left the "bling" stuff for my girlfriends & wives.

The only "bracelets" I've ever worn in my life (besides a wristwatch) were placed on me against my will.

Nor did I volunteer for the resulting car ride and subsequent incarceration.

I wouldn't let wrist bling anywhere near my wrists and certainly not anywhere near my guitars.

Man, it's too easy to damage a guitar finish taking appropriate precautions much less intentionally trying to.

But, that's just me . . .

I wouldn't let wrist bling anywhere near my wrists and certainly not anywhere near my guitars.

Man' date=' it's too easy to damage a guitar finish taking appropriate precautions much less intentionally trying to.

But, that's just me . . .[/quote']

Me too

OK, well first of all sorry for breaking rule ten. Secondly, I don't care about any of your personal fashion tastes, if you're not cool enough to wear some sweet bracelets like sloosh then I won't let it bother me. I on the other hand would still like some.

Retrosurfer! Why do you have to go taunting me with them if can't have them? #-o

And BoyVader, I'm not the one with the elmo avatar! ;D

Archived