Gibson Brands Forums

Nap Time for Adults?

jimmiJAMM

Wouldn't that be nice? After lunch I reeeally feel like taking a nap but I can't because I'm at the office, surrounded by coworkers. Maybe it's a food coma thing or that I'm just getting older but I feel my eyelids getting heavy. Guess it's time to grab a stale cup of office coffee and get back to work.

asleeponthejob.jpg

Wouldn't that be nice? After lunch I reeeally feel like taking a nap but I can't because I'm at the office' date=' surrounded by coworkers. Maybe it's a food coma thing or that I'm just getting older but I feel my eyelids getting heavy. Guess it's time to grab a stale cup of office coffee and get back to work.

[img']http://consumerist.com/images/resources/2008/01/asleeponthejob.jpg[/img]

Well you just learn how to sleep on your belly with your head under the desk... then a loop recording of you repeating ..."sh** I know I dropped it under here" .....nobody will know its good for 30 min. max.

Good luck[cool]

You need this:

5hourenergy.jpg

I have never tried it but according to the commercials' date=' it works. Pass.[/quote']

It's disgusting and it gives me the jitters, but yeah, it keeps me up.

It was fun the first few times--the disorientation, the heightened sensitivity, etc., but I really don't recommend it at all, to anyone. Not really such a good trip.

It's disgusting and it gives me the jitters' date=' but yeah, it keeps me up.

It was fun the first few times--the disorientation, the heightened sensitivity, etc., but I really don't recommend it at all, to anyone. Not really such a good trip.[/quote']

Hahaha...what does it taste like?

Looks to me like you've got plenty of room under your desk for a nap. Make yourself a life-size dummy of yourself with a phone in your hand with your head looking downward at some paperwork. Find yourself a few cans of sardines, heat up some cauliflower, or come up with your own foul smelling stuff and nobody will want to interrupt your well deserved nap.

If you can, put your phone on hold. Maybe tell your co-workers that you think you had something to eat that "didn't agree with you". If you can, have someone take your calls for you. Good-luck.[biggrin]

Actually, I've heard, that given a 30 - 45 minute nap, adults are much more productive in the afternoon. This would require a sleeping lounge for employees and extend the work day to make up for the extended nap time.

I'm all for it.

OTOH, Try taking an after lunch brisk walk around the building. Inside or out. That is usually what it takes to get the blood flowing again, especially for us cubists.

I've heard apples are better at making us alert than caffeine.

We have a staff meeting in my boss's office. once in a blue moon. I don't care what time of the day it is, I get the yawns after about 40 minutes. It bugs my boss, but I don't know how to abate the 'yawns.'

Forget the bottled 'engergy' drinks or 'boosts'. If it is caffeine you need, Mtn. Dew or Coffee is much, much cheaper.

Kind of like Pepto Bismol.

You're better off getting a good night's sleep. It's much more enjoyable.

Hmm...this may sound weird, but I don't mind PB taste....kind like Tic Tacs but a hint of chalkiness. Still, I too prefer sleep. And Amp (blue can). And Monster Assault (red can).

In Mexico we have this thing called, siesta...not to be confuzled with fiesta.

Some shops close at noon and re-open at one...this isn't out to lunch time, this is nap time.

Americans work too hard >.<

Oh, and I like the taste of Advil.

I suck that coating right off...like candy.

In Mexico we have this thing called' date=' siesta...not to be confuzled with fiesta.

Some shops close at noon and re-open at one...this isn't out to lunch time, this is nap time.

Americans work too hard >.<[/quote']

Word up. They do the same thing in Italy. Attsa niiiiiiice. [crying]

Hmm...this may sound weird' date=' but I don't mind PB taste....kind like Tic Tacs but a hint of chalkiness. Still, I too prefer sleep. And Amp (blue can). And Monster Assault (red can).[/quote']

Oh yeah, I've been known to drink a can of Monster or Amp every now and then to wake myself up a bit. Yes, it does stop me from falling asleep, and I'll admit to liking their flavors.

I don't dig the taste of Pepto Bismol, but I think the last time I've needed to take any was when I was eight.

I am a firm believer in power naps. 10 min is all I need and I grab one everyday around 2pm. We thankfully have an employee lounge where I can stretch out and shut down. 30min is too much.

5hr Energy tastes like a$$ (not the good foxy lady kind). Way too medicinal. And it has the neurotoxin apartame. Stick to good old fashion coffee or black tea.

Archived