Gibson Brands Forums

Why I Love Costco

heymisterk

IMG_1108.jpg

Let me start by saying that you can't get this beautiful thing at the Costco where I live, but you can have friends of friends bring you four bottles of it from a Costco where you CAN buy hard liquor; in this case, Chicago.

I am not a vodka expert, but this tasted pretty damn good to me. I read the label and this 1.7L monster is made in the same town as Grey Goose, and distilled the same way. Difference? The Goose would be literally twice the price.

My Costco doesn't sell alcohol either' date=' but Cook's Illustrated says if you pour cheap vodka through a Brita filter pitcher it improves it enormously...haven't tried it yet.

[/quote']

Was going to say that. Run cheaper vodka through a charcoal filter two or three times and it'll be smooth like the high end stuff.

That a lot of Vodka sauce...

My Costco doesn't sell alcohol either' date=' but Cook's Illustrated says if you pour cheap vodka through a Brita filter pitcher it improves it enormously...haven't tried it yet.

[/quote']

Thanks!!![angry] I guess Mrs Bow will get upset now!:-

I've never heard that before, I'll have to give it a try.

My Costco has enough Booze to souse every Elks Lodge in California.

It probably is Grey Goose, Costco gets the best companies to produce their Kirkland stuff. Their Trash Bags are Glad and their Tuna is Bumble Bee's best stuff.

Unfortunately Kansas law doesn't allow grocery or convenience stores to sell liquor (or 5.0 alcohol beer for that matter), and you can't sell it after 11 or on sundays [biggrin] The only thing you can get is 3.2 beer and boone's farm.

I hate Costco. I always walk in there to buy something small and walk out minus $100 - $150.

That is the danger. I don't have their American Express card, so I always pay in cash. Thus, I usually make a list and bring just what I need, ie; toilet paper, cereal, coffee, a brand new hot tub...

I like the place for beer. In the province of Quebec, we get 55 cans of Coors Light for around 50 bucks.

Not much of a deal to our American friends but it beats the tar out of the Ontario pricing. We get great Lobster and King crab every once in a while. Oh, and their pork back ribs. Mmmmm

Dave

That a lot of Vodka sauce...

[/quote']

didnt they try something like that on mythbusters and it didnt work?[biggrin]

Archived